Clinical Laboratory Scientist - CLS - Lead - Pediatric Emergency Department
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) - Lead - Pediatric Emergency Department
POSITION TYPE: Clinical Laboratory Scientist
SPECIALTY UNIT: Generalist - Lead - Emergency Department
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
SHIFT: Multiple shifts available
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The ideal Clinical Laboratory Scientist candidate will be collaborative, detail-oriented and work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Responsible for ensuring that Clinical Laboratory Test(s) requested by physicians and facilities are performed in an accurate and timely manner and the Laboratory policies and procedures are followed and implemented correctly.
- Follows the clinical laboratorys procedures for specimen handling and processing analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Adheres to the clinical laboratorys quality control policies, documents all quality control activities instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Documents all corrective action taken when test systems deviate from the laboratorys established performance specifications.
- Performs all routine and new test procedures that are complex and require professional judgment when assigned to a specific area.
- Demonstrates knowledge of theory behind the test performed.
- Recognized departure from the norm on adult and geriatric patients and be able to understand the scientific and theoretical reasons for such deviation.
- Calibrates instruments and assess the accuracy of the equipment; performs equipment preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Check and verify all the test results released by the laboratory. This includes accepting or rejecting results due to delta check inconsistencies, requesting redraw for verification, canceling results due to gross hemolysis, clots or QNS.
- Reviews outgoing reports for technical and clerical errors.
- Able to communicate with nurses and physicians, and ability to work well with others.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies and inventory levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work duties.
- Recognizes the administrative changes in staffing and scheduling and adapt to these changes.
- Assists in developing and installing quality control standards to ensure accuracy of test results.
- Initiates, suggests and if necessary, implements technical and administrative changes upon approval of the Laboratory Director.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- Employee discount program.
- Excellent room for growth and advancement.
- Bachelors degree in Medical Laboratory Science required.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist ASCP certification required.
- Two (2) years experience working in an acute care facility required.
- Strong communication skills a must.
- Experience as a Generalist preferred.
- Experience with Quality Assurance procedures preferred.
i4 Search Group Healthcare
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Get fresh Part Time Clinical Laboratory Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.