Certified Wound Ostomy Registered Nurse - CWON RN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Certified Wound Ostomy Registered Nurse (RN) CWON
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Wound Ostomy / CWON
LOCATION: Napa, CA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are currently looking for an expert and passionate Wound Ostomy/CWON RN to join our team of healthcare professionals. You will serve as a clinical resource and consultant to the medical staff, nursing staff, as well as other hospital and affiliate personnel and patients in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for patients with ostomies, wounds, fistulae, incontinence, and actual or potential skin breakdown.
Our ideal candidate is a wound and ostomy specialist that will utilize the nursing process to care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients based on current standards of practice. Moreover, you will carry out your professional responsibilities through direct patient care, clinical consultation, education, research, and administration.
To be a successful wound ostomy/CWON nurse, you must provide leadership and function in the role of expert clinician, educator, and consultant. Likewise, you are expected to provide professional nursing care appropriate to the patients age and condition in accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values, and regulatory standards.
- Manage the needs of the patients with complex needs related to skin, wound and ostomy, care, deliver patient care at an expert level, demonstrate leadership skills, and serve as a resource.
- Provide education to the patients, their families, and members of the health care team.
- Monitor quality outcomes and enhances care practice through evidence-based policies and procedures, research, and implementation of new techniques, equipment, products, and processes for safe, cost-effective, quality care for the prevention of skin breakdown, and provision of care for the patient with skin, wound, and ostomy needs.
- Evaluate products and equipment to enhance skin, wound, and ostomy care in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Provide direct care to people with abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains, pressure ulcers, and other complicated wounds and continence disorders.
- Enhance patient care and satisfaction by formulating, implementing, and evaluating specific patient plans of care in conjunction with a variety of health care team members
- Establish effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Participate regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Practice within the scope of the state's Nursing Practices Act and in accordance with healthcare organizations policies and under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience as an RN in a clinical setting.
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- Current certifications (variable depending on the facility).
- Demonstrate knowledge of and apply safety principles as identified by the institution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Maintain a high level of competence in WOC specialty.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to work as a valued team member, but also autonomously.
i4 Search Group Healthcare
Get fresh Ostomy Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.