Cardiac Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN) up to $10K SOB
- $25 to $37 Hourly
Cardiac / Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN) $10K sign on Bonus!
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Cardiac / Telemetry Unit
LOCATION: Richmond, VA
SHIFT: Mixed Shift
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are looking for a highly-capable Cardiac Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN) to analyze medical equipment measurements. In this role, your duties will include studying patient history, administering specialized treatment to critically ill patients, and keeping medical records. You will also be required to update family members on the medical condition of the patients.
Our ideal candidate is a Cardiac Telemetry Registered Nurse, specializing in reviewing and interpreting data measured by our sophisticated medical equipment. You will provide care for critically ill patients, monitor the condition of patients in telemetry units, and administer medication. Likewise, you will advise patients and their families on post-hospital care.
To ensure success as a Cardiac Telemetry RN, you must demonstrate extensive experience in caring for critically ill patients and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment. Accomplished candidates expertly interpret medical technology data and provide their patients with dedicated care.
- Under general supervision, you will deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation, following the established philosophy.
- Collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Effectively interact with the patients and their family members or significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing.
- Provide care by connecting patients to machines that measure heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, as well as blood-oxygen levels, and electrocardiogram information. These machines then send data to computer screens for nurses to monitor.
- Read and interpret the data to better determine patient care.
- Administer medication and perform treatment interventions in consultation with healthcare specialists.
- Maintain and update ward charts, patient files, and medical records.
- Instruct Telemetry Unit staff on patient care and treatment plans.
- Collaborate with healthcare specialists and report changes and deteriorating conditions.
- Explain test results and procedures to patients and their families, as well as answer questions.
- Advise patients on post-hospital care, including prescribed medicine, home care protocols, disease prevention, and lifestyle changes.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience as an RN in a clinical setting.
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- Current certifications (variable depending on the facility).
- Extensive knowledge in interpreting data from specialized electronics and medical equipment.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and patient management systems, such as PatientTrak and ModDoc HMS.
- Advanced proficiency in administering medication and performing treatment interventions.
- Ability to consult with healthcare specialists and instruct Telemetry Unit staff.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in healthcare and medical recordkeeping.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to advise and support patients and their families.
i4 Search Group HealthcareHenrico, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.