- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BBK LOGISTICS INC. is a freight brokerage firm based in beautiful Sarasota, FL. We expertly handle a wide spectrum of shipping types with specialists in every industry. Whether you have truckload shipments a few times a year or multiple times a day, we have the services you need. Together we can align your truckload shipping needs with strong strategies that hold up even when priorities shift.
Our culture allows for a relaxed office environment, casual dress attire, and a management staff that supports and promotes a friendly, professional atmosphere.
Apply now to join a growing team of motivated individuals committed to helping our partners move their products expertly and efficiently!
Position Title: Carrier Representative
The Carrier Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships with truckload businesses throughout the United States.
- Generates new business partners by researching leads, developing entrance strategies, and qualifying prospects.
- Prepares quotes and contracts to prospective business partners.
- Reviews daily shipment plans; accepts and ensures loads are covered by a carrier.
- Inputs and dispatches Loads.
- Monitors shipments on-time performance; communicates updates to carriers, and customers.
- Sources and qualifies carriers.
- Executes negotiations with carriers through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, and closing deals.
- Directs communication with vendors to handle all transportation and delivery issues.
- Develops and manages own portfolio of business.
- Must be able to make a sales proposal to prospective customers who have freight to ship.
- Must be honest and proactive with all types of communications with customers and carriers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and CRM and TMS-related software suites.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Transportation, or other related field of study preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in trucking or other logistics field preferred.
- 1+ years of sales experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at hrEdge Consulting