Family Group Practice, located in SW Houston, is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant. We are fast-paced, Multi-Cultured practice with Pediatric & Adult patients. We are looking for a multi-tasked medical assistant that has compassion and understands the Meaningful Use, HEDIS Measures, Risk Assessments, etc — only experienced CMA's need to apply, please. EMR experience is a must, experience with EClinical Works is preferred but not required. Bi-lingual, English & Spanish.
- Report to the clinical coordinator or practice administration.
- Perform nursing procedures under the supervision of a physician or physician assistant
- Assist physician and physician assistant in exam rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in the patient's chart.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by a physician or physician assistant
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information are available in patients' medical records before their appointment.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and physician assistants.- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e., refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned by the clinical coordinator or practice administrator.
medical assistants must have knowledge of:
- Strong Pediatric and Adult Care: 3 years
- Healthcare field and medical specialty
- Medical terminology
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Knowledge of EHR/EMR (Eclinical Works preferred)
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure a timely patient flow
- The ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections
- High school diploma; some college preferred
- Must have a Medical assistant certification