As a Parkway Road Technician, you will prevent and correct equipment malfunctions at customer job sites for mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment, and diagnose complex equipment problems while adhering to safety rules. You'll serve as a professional representative of Parkway Systems to customers. This position requires many hours of driving, and considerable walking, lifting, and carrying, and working in varying temperatures and conditions.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... willingness to mentor / train others?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... mechanical expertise and experience?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to diagnose / troubleshoot complex equipment issues?
We are looking for:
- trade school or technical training; mechanics experience
- someone willing to drive many hours daily, loading / unloading cargo, which includes extensive walking, lifting and carrying
What is the work?
Mechanics / Maintenance / Troubleshooting:
- Services and performs / oversees all types of equipment to ensure proper working condition at the job site
- Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time in the field
- Ensures equipment issues are communicated clearly and professionally with customers / supervisors / peers
- Applies mechanical experience and expertise to mentor / develop other Technicians
- May train / advise other Technicians
- Performs other duties assigned as assigned
- Performs equipment safety inspections
- Ensures a safe shop and vehicle work environment
- Uses company vehicles in accordance with laws and company guidelines
- Ensures compliance with all company, governmental, and equipment-related safety requirements
What is your background?
- Trade school or technical training (preferred)
- 5 years of experience as a mechanic
- Obtain / retain a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record (required)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Parkway Road Tech?
- Mechanical skills
- Communication skills to clearly relay equipment issues
- Organization and time-management skills
- Ability to clearly model and train on the need for equipment safety and safety consciousness
- Ability to understand job assignments
- Ability to diagnose / troubleshoot complex equipment problems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Work in all types of weather conditions
- Lift up to 50 lbs; work for extended periods of walking, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching
- Provide your own tools (required)
- Work extended hours and rotating schedules, including nights, weekends, and on-call shifts
- Travel frequently