Technical Account Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Technical Account Manager
What we do
The greymatter.io team builds infrastructure intelligence solutions for managing, governing, and operating customer enterprise software. We are multi-context, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. We focus on automation, solving complex challenges across multiple customers, and ensuring smooth and expedient services to users.
We support substantial multi-cloud, hybrid, and Kubernetes workloads running large-scale cloud-native systems that communicate using our enterprise microservices platform. Working at this scale gives our engineers the chance to develop their existing cloud skills to a whole new level of challenges, tools, and strategies.In this role, you will be expected to
Ensure customers receive the best value possible out of their relationship with greymatter.io and their utilization of our product and services. This will be achieved through relationship management, training, and support.
- Be the primary technical interface between one or more of our projects coordinating directly with a Program/Project lead.
- Interface with the customer (e.g. prime contractor, integrator, etc.), our program/project leads, and the end-user (government or commercial) and maintain delivery cadence to meet the time, resource, and business impact targets and drive continued value of our solution and services.
- Know our enterprise microservices platform, our more common best practices, and use cases in order to guide the customer.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on our enterprise microservice platform releases
- Regularly work directly with customers and end-users face-to-face, virtually, and at customer / end-user sites to develop, maintain, and grow relationships and business opportunities.
- Work with the customer and end-user to define use cases, and collaborate with greymatter.io and partner technical teams to ensure both the technical teams and the customers/users fully understand expectations.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with our customers in enablement and solution overview sessions (e.g., technical exchange meetings or workshops), via documentation, and/or via support/support escalation to maintain and update customer access to product and feature information. Provide new feature presentations to the customer to aid in their adoption of our enterprise microservices platform.
- Lead workshops to help customers leverage the full value of our enterprise microservices platform.
- Understand the customer journey and be able to guide them on future adoption.
- Demonstrate leadership in new feature and technology adoption by assisting in the development of regular enablement and solution overview sessions with Product Engineering and Product Owner(s) to ensure successful adoption of our enterprise microservices platform.
- Deliver enablement and solution overview sessions and documentation for customers and internal team members.
- Clearly communicate and drive adoption of complex technical solutions, with constant attention to promoting repeatable solutions.
- Translate customer product usage data into actionable advice for customers
- Act as the greymatter.io liaison for our enterprise microservices platform questions, issues, or escalations. Work cross-organizationally, with the Director | Delivery, and Product Owners (or other teams as needed) to find solutions to complex scenarios and integration issues.
- Support the delivery excellence customer experience and lifecycle, establishing with the Director | Delivery, our delivery excellence customer success management practices.
- Identify pain points and training required within the customer space.
- Provide professional and technical staff assistance and mentorship within projects.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline.
- Work with customer and program/project manager to ensure timely execution of certification and accreditation, risk management framework, compliance, or related processes to fulfill customer business objectives.
- Lead and prepare approval-ready required documentation for deployment/production systems in support of assigned programs or projects.
- Assist program/project managers with the preparation of approval-ready documentation for development and production system testing, deployment, identification of bugs, user acceptance/user testing, etc.
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, DevSecOps.
- Translate and communicate the project delivery schedule to the project team utilizing the Scrum framework.
- Define project requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria and produce a clearly defined backlog.
- Manage information to support and deliver internal program reviews with leadership.
- Understanding of microservices, service mesh, and competing products and services
- Understanding of multi- and hybrid cloud architectures
- Solid understanding of the following: XML, RESTful, JSON, YAML, gRPC, HTTP/2, NATS, Kafka, Bash, CI/CD Design, Typescript, and Web Sockets
- Understanding of Kubernetes and the Envoy proxy
- Solid experience with Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Possession of a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate peers and customers
- Technical / DevOps domain expertise
- Proven ability to overlay in customer technical risk situations and architect successful solutions
- Proven ability to consult and be consulted on topics requiring product/technical expertise
- Excellent moderation and communication skills
- Extensive experience within a technical or account management area
- Demonstrates mastery in crafting strategic success plans focused on quantifiable business outcomes and actively coaches others in establishing this practice.
- Has proven ability to deeply understand customer health scoring and predictive risk management and is well versed in risk prevention and risk resolution.
- Continuously drives communication and customer advocacy across greymatter.io to provide customer insights and ensure an orchestrated customer experience.
- Expands personal research combined with best practices across disciplines, actively builds/shares playbooks and customer enablement/expansion workshops focused on driving greater adoption and value realization.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
BusinessView all jobs at greymatter.io