SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR NEEDED IN MT!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under general direction, responsible for the more complex installation, programming, maintenance and hardware set ups for the in plant computer systems, including the plants DCS systems, plant condition monitoring systems, real-time data bases, LAN and other in plant networks. Works independently with minimal guidance using knowledge of plant computers, operating systems, and plant control networks. This job is a senior-skill level without formal supervisory responsibility.
The real time systems administrator works with control systems outside the scope of the DCS (distributed control systems). The administrator directly maintains a Windows Active Directory domain - servers, workstations, non-PLC I/O systems and network infrastructure. The administrator also works with engineers and craft people to design, document and maintain various PLC-based I/O and control systems. In addition, the administrator maintains firewall access for and interfaces to the DCS networks and data.
The real time system administrator directly supports multiple virtualized distributed control systems on ESXi with Windows domain architecture and ABB 800xA systems. The administrator also works with engineers to support various associated control systems and standalone systems. The administrator maintains physical and electronic NERC/CIP requirements as they relate to the DCS including the access control systems.
1. Evaluates non-business line computer system performance and prepares equipment strategies that support continued high performance of the plants control systems as well as the ongoing real-time data systems. 2. Prepares more complex analysis and troubleshooting of a wide variety of control systems and plant monitoring systems. 3. Prepares and analyzes performance and maintenance issues related to the real-time systems. Based upon this knowledge, prepares long term equipment strategies that support ongoing operations of the plants. 4. Enhances the operation of the plant by continuing to improve the performance and human-machine interfaces. 5. Independently monitors ongoing changes from the regulatory environment as it relates to cyber security. Makes recommendations to plant management on how to remain in compliance in an ever-changing environment. 6. Provides functional advice or training to less-experienced personnel. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members. 7. Increases and applies knowledge of operating systems to the plants real-time systems.
- Experience with ESXi, VMWare, Windows server 2012/2016/2019 and Windows 7/8/10 desktop environments
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, SQL Database, Acronis, McAfee, WSUS, OPC communication, 800xA, Milestone, S2, Powershell, and Ruby.
- Experience with system security and firewall setup and configuration, preferably in a NERC-CIP controlled environment
- Experience with configuration, setup and maintenance of network switches, routers and related devices, and troubleshooting and maintenance of network connections
- Experience with current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools and HTTP traffic
- Experience with programming and scheduling tasks: specifically, PowerShell, CMD and Ruby scripting in a Windows environment and Windows Task Scheduler
- Experience in project management and application design and integration
- Experience with or knowledge of simple web page design using HTML
- Experience with Raspberry Pi minicomputers and Linux operating system (used by plant display mirrors) a plus
- Experience with Subversion revision control system (RCS) in a Windows environment or a similar RCS a plus
- Experience with Nagios monitoring system a plus
- Experience with access control systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning
TechnologyView all jobs at Gpac