Mitel Certified Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Job Duties
· Mitel Certified Technician will Provide high-quality support to our clients by configuring, programming, installing, maintaining, upgrading and servicing our core Mitel products including:
· Voice over Wi-Fi Phone
· Analog Terminal Adapters
· MiCollab Client SoftPhone
· Web and Video
· Open Standards Phones
· IP and SIP phones
· DECT Solutions
· Wireless Solutions
· Hospitality Phones
· Perform advanced telecommunications activities, including but not limited to network and phone system troubleshooting.
· Communicate with the on an ongoing basis providing the status of the order, along with completion ETA.
· Complete technical training and complete all required documentation in our service order software system.
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
· Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to Word and Excel
· Must be detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills
· Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management, and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
· Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time-sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
· Minimum 1-year experience with IP Telephony
· Experience documenting details of work on service orders
· Certification and/or experience on Mitel a plus
· Experience with installation, troubleshooting, programming phone system applications, and VOIP systems preferably Mitel
· Medical Benefits
· Paid Company Car, Gas Card, EZ Pass
If interested, please email resume to Kristopher.email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
TechnologyView all jobs at Gpac