Junior Graphic Designer
- Posted: 13 days ago
About The Company
In 2008, Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop, a lifestyle platform dedicated to keeping its readership informed and inspired with tightly curated content and products. goop's expert tastemakers advise and contribute on everything from fashion, wellness, and travel, to recipes, parenting, and cultural issues.
goop is seeking an enthusiastic Junior Graphic Designer to join our growing Design Team, within the goop Creative Team. You'll be creating digital and print collateral for marketing, editorial, branding, advertising, and experiential initiatives, reporting to, and supporting the Senior Designer to create fresh and innovative designs while working within the modules and templates of the digital experience. You'll work on everything from emails and digital campaigns, landing pages, editorial layouts, social assets, invitations, signage, decks, and more – supporting the Design Director and Lead Designer and other Graphic Designers within the team.
About The Role
This role also requires photo research and edit to source imagery aligned with the goop aesthetic, for editorial, email and social needs. They will collaborate with Art Directors and our Snr Retoucher to source, curate and asset manage photography that is on-brand. The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for design with strong typography and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, file-organization and archiving skills. This is a full-time role based in goop's Santa Monica HQ.
- Bi-weekly Email layouts and design: Templatized layouts, working with Marketing and Editorial to create multiple versions for testing
- Digital Editorials: Create layouts utilizing our existing component library working closely with Editorial teams, as well as Web Development team, to ensure layouts are impeccably designed, while also efficient for Development
- Skills in illustration/vectoring/iconography/animation
- Work with Art Directors, Retoucher and Creative Production to source imagery that aligns with the goop aesthetic for emails, editorials and social.
- Adhere to, and help update, style guides for both brand expression, photography guidelines and website and email modules and templates.
- Design mobile-first experiences, that adapt for the desktop.
- Design beautiful digital and print assets that support the strategic goals of the goop brand and tie together the goop experience across all channels
- Iterate rapidly and apply a consistent design approach to a wide range of content
- Work collaboratively with editorial, marketing, strategic partnerships, and product to meet tight deadlines
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of design experience, preferably with a background in beauty, wellness, fashion and/or luxury.
- A strong portfolio with a clean, consistent and elevated aesthetic
- Degree in graphic design, fine arts or similar
- Experience working in Figma (or similar UX/design collaboration tool, ie Sketch) is required
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS a plus
- Impeccable taste and flawless execution
- Equally comfortable working collaboratively and independently as needed
- Responsible, accountable, and loyal with an incredible work ethic
- Incredible interpersonal skills and desire to collaborate intensively and extensively with colleagues
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It's grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We're all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
With a highly engaged and loyal customer base already in place, the goop platform is rapidly expanding to include branded events, retail stores, pop-ups, a Netflix series, and an ever-growing lineup of goop private label products in addition to multi-branded shopping. The company boasts diverse and rapidly growing revenue streams across ecommerce, ad sales, retail, and experiences.
- Compensation: Competitive Market Salary DOE + Equity.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: "goopcation" paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee's growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. With every aspect of this policy, goop is committed to employee health and safety, and will continue to follow all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Type of Hire: This is a Full-Time Exempt Staff position. Other candidates, consultants and placement agency candidates will not be considered.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.
AddressSanta Monica, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at goop