Health and Safety Coordinator
- Expired: November 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you performance-driven and want to make a tangible impact?
Are you looking for professional growth opportunities and a chance to build a career?
Are you a problem solver who loves a good challenge?
Do you want to change the world one retail return at a time?
Our mission at goTRG is to solve the $700 billion problem of returns by increasing profits from returns and decreasing the environmental impact. We make it easy for retailers, manufacturers, vendors, and 3PLs to handle every item from the point of return to final disposition. We are the only company that manages the entire reverse logistics process end-to-end. Our company is vertically integrated with SaaS, Supply Chain, and ReCommerce business units, working under one roof to make the most impact for our clients. By joining our team, you'll be a part of:
• SaaS that eliminates human biases from returns decisions and connects to every part of the retail ecosystem from the point of sale to supply chain to ReCommerce.
• Best-in-Class Reverse Supply Chain services.
• ReCommerce Services that list across 20+ high demand marketplaces.
Over the past decade, goTRG has experienced aggressive growth, and we are actively seeking qualified and passionate teammates in every functional area to help us solve returns. Come join our family that works hard, knows how to have fun, and stands firmly by their values of sustainability, innovation, teamwork, and partnership.
goTRG is looking for a team-oriented, driven, and energetic Health and Safety Coordinator. The Health and Safety Coordinator will help us minimize the risk of job-related incidents and accidents. You will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities. The role will also assist in developing policies to promote occupational health and safety (OSHA) awareness.
The Health and Safety coordinators should be well-versed in all OSHA regulations and guidelines. The role will be focused on prevention, so the ideal candidate needs to be diligent and analytical.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the teammate occupying this position.
- Assist the continuous development of our Health and Safety Management System (EHSMS)
- Assist and keep up with legislative changes and adjust as needed to meet codes, including the up-and-coming change the new safety standards such as ISO 45001
- Assist in opening new locations, and help train/implement our EHSMS throughout
- Build the Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSC) in each location, set up all the necessary processes after the risk assessments of each site are established
- Monitor the JHSC activities in each facility, keeping them focused on their tasks
- Review training needs mandatory to our principles and legislation, keep a calendar of events, schedule refresher training as needed
- Assist in the implementation of the R2v3 ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certifications in locations needing to be certified
- Assist in the by-yearly facility evaluations as needed
- High School diploma
- Knowledge of the ISO safety programs such as ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- First aid training
- Should have prior knowlege of JHSCs (Joint Health & Safety committees)
- Complete knowledge of our Health and Safety programs
- Good grasp of MS operating systems
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (Spanish skills would be an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Embody goTRG' s company values: Team, Innovation, Partnership, and Sustainability
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems when faced with new challenges
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deliver quality work in an efficient manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Diligent with an analytical mind
- 3 plan options. Free of charge under the Essential Plan - Employee Only coverage level
- Dental & Vision
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
BusinessView all jobs at goTRG
Get fresh Health and Safety Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.