The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing teammates in a logistics and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Assist the General Manager with day-to-day needs of the facility
· Ensure effective teammate relations
· Oversee a workforce of 20+ teammates in the Operations department
· Determines quality control standards
· Selecting, ordering, and purchasing materials
· Provide teammate coaching and development
· Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
· Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to the Facility Manager
· Provide motivation, support and guidance to all teammates
· Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
· Perform accident investigations
· Manage department priorities
· Track absenteeism and timekeeping
Effectively communicate across all levels and functions:
· Effectively work with and manage your team to increase production
· Great leadership qualities
· Able to manage performance of the teammates
· Communicate with immediate supervisor and/or manager to ensure effectiveness
· Successfully able to manage time wisely
· Technical Capacity
· Follows standard work methods
· Results driven and time management
· Great communication and critical-thinking skills
· Practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible
· Identify cost/time-saving measures to increase production on the line
· Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms
· Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
· Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, management, or similar. OR At least 2 years of experience in the logistics warehouse, inventory field, plus demonstrated management qualifications
· Must successfully lift up to 25 lbs.
· Attention to detail
The first end-to-end Business Solution.
goTRG is a leader in the implementation and execution of Omni-Channel and Supply Chain solutions. Our innovative R1 technology powers every touch, movement and decision for the world's largest companies resulting in superior net margins, controls and sell-through.
A fully managed goTRG solution delivers the smartest choices for every touch, movement and price decision for some of the world's largest companies while reducing their environmental footprint.