Project Analyst - Washington DC/Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success. geocgi is looking for a Project Analyst to provide analysis and project related support for Department of Defense (DoD) contract(s). The Project Analyst will support our Program Managers with tracking tasks, deliverables, schedules, and direct and indirect expenses. The candidate will execute the responsibilities of a Project Analyst, which include:
- Assist program manager(s) in developing, analyzing, and updating project plan(s) and project related materials including Government required deliverables.
- Develop and/or refine procedures and systems for project tracking, personnel interactions, client interactions; introduce efficiencies for administrative tasking.
- Design and/or refine reports and presentations (both internal and external).
- Assist in project recruiting and staffing activities.
- Assist with on-boarding project personnel for security and background checks; equipment distribution; timekeeping policy and procedures; etc.
- Develop and manage project related travel plans/schedules.
- Manage and host meetings; manage meeting schedules for team and managers. Attend meetings and distribute meeting notes and track “due outs”.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Command of project management concepts. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team composed of information technology, human resources, and management professionals.
- Must have extensive knowledge, skills, and abilities utilizing Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word programs.
- Ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a high level of integrity.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based environment.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
- Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
- Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
- Flexible work hours and PTO
- Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
- Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the Project Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree required OR High school diploma or GED and 4+ additional years of relevant work experience can substitute a degree.
- 3+ years of experience relative work experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain or maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the Project Analyst:
- Masters in Business Administration
- Certifications such as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Understanding of GIS concepts and software
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
Get fresh GIS Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.