Technical Project Manager
fusionSpan Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
fusionSpan is a fast-growing multinational information technology services company, and we are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join the team remotely or at our Headquarters in Rockville, MD.
fusionSpan is seeking a talented Technical Project Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will provide oversight to projects during their full lifecycle. The Technical PM will interact with internal and external stakeholders as a means for providing regular updates on a project's performance, schedules, and resources. The Technical PM also needs to be able to work autonomously and adapt to an evolving work structure.
- Assist with execution of small and large IT projects leveraging the Salesforce Platform and other association management systems
- Lead high profile, complex, cross-functional projects
- Manage cross-discipline resources to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Understand and manage project scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure all requirements are documented in detail and approved by the client before being implemented.
- Utilize Agile/scrum processes to generate project work, monitor progress, and resolve blockers
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports
- Act as liaison between the client and fusionSpan project team
- Manage stakeholders' expectations in a proactive manner
- Ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Utilize and update various platforms to maintain the project knowledge base (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Asana, Smartsheet)
- Have a strong understanding of Project Management principles as specified by the Project Management Institute
- Able to negotiate difficult conversations with clients related to scope, budget, and schedule
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Strong technical background and understanding of software development processes
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- Previous experience managing Technical Projects is a must
- Experience with Agile development and Scrum
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Willingness to learn new technology tools
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Salesforce Knowledge
- Experience working in Entrepreneurial and Startup environments
What We Offer:
- Health (PPO) dental & vision plan – 100% covered for employee
- Long/Short-term disability insurance – 100% covered for employee
- Life and AD&D insurance – 100% covered for employee
- IRA with 3% matching contribution
- Complimentary refreshments in the office
- Access to the fitness center at Headquarters
- Telework alternating Fridays
- 17 days of paid vacation – increases with tenure
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 12 weeks for parental leave
- Flexible schedule
- Metro accessible office
- Monthly Mass Transit Allowance for Metro commuters
- Business casual dress code
- Modern office with a flexible working area
fusionSpan is a fast-paced, high-energy firm with a highly motivated staff. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priority.
Culture of Caring
We aim to foster a culture of caring. Caring for our clients but also each other. As a company we focus on working on interesting technologies and helping our non-profit clients provide the best experience for their members. But we also want to make sure that our team experiences personal growth in their careers.
FusionSpan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TechnologyView all jobs at fusionSpan