- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
forteq is an integral partner of the automotive and consumer electronics industry worldwide. We provide design, development, manufacturing, assembly and packaging services for high precision transmission systems and precision plastic components. forteq is headquartered in Nidau, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 employees at several engineering and production sites in Europe, USA and China.
forteq North America is currently seeking a Sales Coordinator at our Sales Office in Clinton Township, MI location. This position will support and assist the Sales departments. They will facilitate and track the quotation & order entry processes. They will maintain various reports and databases to ensure accurate information and reporting.
- Performs full departmental support to sales team including ability to act as backup in sales functions with minimal supervision.
- Performs administrative duties that include collecting, organizing and summarizing data used for quotations into proper format for analysis and response by Engineering department.
- Compile request for quotations to the Tooling Manager & Purchasing Manager as directed by the Development Engineering Manager and/or Program Managers. Maintain all Sales files to include filing quotes, email correspondence, etc in the appropriate quote folders.
- Maintain & distribute various databases & reports to include: Monthly Hot list report, Request for Quote report, Pending Purchase order report, Shot count report, Quotes on Time report, and Current product list.
- Interface directly with customers to gather or communicate information and ensure continuous communication including timely delivery of quotations & proposals by Engineering & Sales staff.
- Support customer retention and growth by providing immediate responses to all inquiries or concerns. Follow up and remind Account Manager(s) of open customer issues, as needed.
- Expedite special requests for pricing, samples, and prototypes when necessary, as requested by the Sales Account Managers and Development Engineers.
- Review all new customer sourcing & tooling agreements for accuracy. Review purchase orders for all new tooling & new and existing part orders for accuracy and compliance with quoted terms. Communicate with Account Manager, and customer if appropriate, changes needed, or send signed acknowledgements, on behalf of the Account Manager.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. for Sales & Engineering departments or General Manager, as needed.
- Provide additional administrative support for any Sales & Engineering projects to include requests such as tooling inventory lists, etc
- Keep track of scheduled price changes for parts and update IQMS, as needed.
- Input all new Bill of Materials in IQMS for new parts, as provided by Engineering. Update IQMS Bill of Materials for current parts per ECO change requests made by Engineering.
- Prepare annual Sales (MTP) budget forecasts and pricing lists and review quarterly for Accounting based on knowledge of customer forecasts and trends, as well as input from Account Managers.
- Work on special projects for Director, Sales & Engineering as needed and make recommendations for improvements to processes or customer negotiations based on findings.
- Support Development Engineering on reporting and documentation as necessary.
Knowledge: Associates degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or other related field.
Experience: A minimum of one to three years experience in similar role.
Skills/Aptitudes: Strong written and verbal communication skills; Strong organizational, analytical, innovative, problem solving skills, and planning skills required. Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Ability to interface with various customer groups including quality, manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, finance, and product planning and capable of working independently and on teams as required.
Working Conditions: Office environment. Occasional overtime is required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
forteq North America
19176 Hall Road Suite 215Clinton Township, MI
Get fresh Consumer Electronic Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.