Mary's Place id seeking a motivated and resourceful individual to join our team as an Accounts Payable and Procurement Manager. Reporting to the CFO, the Accounts Payable and Procurement Manager is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable including 1099 distribution. In addition, this position manages the following: all food service and supply procurement, King County Human Services Bus Ticket Grant, and Diversion and Housing Administrative functions including supervision of the Housing Administrative Coordinator.
- Reconcile all business credit card accounts on a monthly basis ensuring expenses are recorded accurately in the general ledger, back-up is submitted, and bill is paid
- Ensure mileage and other expenses submitted are in line with policies and procedures
- Train and manage all users for SapConcur,
- Administer SAPConcur
- Process weekly Accounts Payable using ACH, Checks, and SAPConcur
- Provide oversight of weekly food service and supply orders
- Responsible for ensuring accurate inventory levels are maintained
- Interface with vendors to ensure optimal product pricing complies with bid/contract agreements
- Work with Food Services team to facilitate central ordering and production schedules including ordering of food and supply items at all shelter and administrative sites.
- Maintain record keeping related for all food and supply orders so that monthly data analysis surrounding program stats and cost comparisons can be completed
- Develop and maintain monthly metrics on all measurable items
- Supervise the Housing Administrative Coordinator
- Assist in reporting regarding Direct Client Assistance funding sources
- Process Direct Client Assistance check requests and returns including verifying all paperwork submitted is accurate and appropriate approvals are in place.
- Audit bills; flag increases and changes
- Audit bills and deductions to ensure all benefits and deductions are properly set up using Medical Benefits Eligibility Worksheet
- Maintain accurate vendor files, including W-9 forms
- Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution and electronic filing of 1099 Forms annually
- Manage King County Human Services Bus Tickets grant, including ordering tickets, weekly distribution, monthly internal reconciliation, and bi-annual reconciliation for King County
- Report and File Unclaimed Property Reports
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Provide back up support to Senior Accountant as required
- Assist CFO with all aspects of the annual external audit
- Create and edit forms and policies as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience required
- Experience with Quickbooks Premier required
- Experience with Positive Pay, Paylocity, and SAPConcur a plus
- Experience with purchasing, bid process and supply chain management
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented organization
- Clear desire to embrace and align with Mary’s Place’s mission of empowering homeless women, children, and families to reclaim their lives
- Must work well with a diverse group, exhibiting a high level of compassion and empathy
- Highly motivated and resourceful; possessing a positive attitude and sense of humor, even under pressure
- Able to proficiently speak, read, write, and understand English - additional languages highly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Prior non-profit experience a plus
- Attention to detail, interacting with others in-person and through email, using critical thinking skills to strategize, develop and implement business plans, create and edit documents, listen and participate verbally at meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, type, and reach with hands and arms; and requires the ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry supplies up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required to perform physical and repetitive motions
- Work takes place in a social services environment where long periods of sitting, working on a computer, walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, and standing are required.
- Travel to program sites and meetings outside the office and around the county are necessary.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. Mary’s Place will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship to Mary’s Place would result.
This is a full-time exempt position, with benefits. Some flexible hours required to support special events and meet various reporting deadlines. Mary’s Place offers a competitive health benefit plan as well as a reduced rate ORCA Transportation pass. Mary’s Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer.