Laboratory Technician Lead
- Expired: November 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based health food company that produces and markets delicious, value-added dairy beverages made using a cold filtration process to remove the lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow's milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc., a group of dairy farmers dedicated to using exceptional cow care and sustainable farming practices to yield higher quality milk. This co-op includes Fair Oaks Farms, the flagship farm for fairlife, and provides all the milk for the company's state-of-the-art plant in Michigan to produce all tasty, lactose-free fairlife products.
fairlife products are: fairlife ultra-filtered milk, the only cow's milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than other milks; Core Power, a high protein milkshake to help athletes and fitness enthusiasts build lean muscle and support healthy recovery; fairlife DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health;
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
The Quality Team Lead will provide key support for the Quality Assurance Department. The lead technician must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the screening of raw milk and in the testing of raw, in-process, and finished products. Conduct plant inspections to monitor sanitation and ensure compliance with cGMP practices. Conduct sanitation and cleaning effectiveness inspections including environmental monitoring and testing. The Team Lead will assist in coordinating, administrating, and providing daily collaboration between departments. Generate daily shift reports and assist with data entry, collection, and KPI reporting as needed. The lead technician will assist in establishing and implementing testing protocols, provide training, and conduct lab equipment maintenance and calibration as required. Assist in receiving lab supplies and monitor inventory of consumables. Conduct training of new employees and technicians as required.
- Oversee and lead the activities of the laboratory technicians, including daily tasks and additional projects (such as: trial run protocols, sample retesting and requests, etc.). Ensure completion of master sanitation schedule (MSS) tasks and tablet upload.
- Monitor technician/team and task efficiencies and assist QA management team in improving task efficiencies.
- Ability to operate correctly and properly lab testing instrumentation including moisture, protein, and fat instrumentation, microscope, aseptic microbiological plating technique, Foss analytical equipment, pH meter, and other laboratory instrumentation as needed.
- Assist with performing daily quality line audits, evaluations and testing on plant floor as needed.
- Assist with conducting investigations per the direction of the QA supervisor or QA manager.
- Fill out required laboratory data worksheets and logs in an accurate manner. Assist the lab analyst with ensuring data entry spreadsheets are utilized and filled our properly.
- Enforces the quality program to reduce or eliminate off spec product and financial losses; enforces the quality systems and programs of the company.
- Must keep area stocked with sufficient supplies to perform job responsibilities. Assist the QA supervisor in maintaining adequate levels of supplies and performing inventory when necessary.
- Maintain all results and reports in a confidential manner in accordance with the Company Letter of Confidentiality.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Word, and Excel.
- Communication of results to the proper individuals in a timely, confidential, and professional manner.
- Recognize and notify Quality Assurance Manager and appropriate operations supervisors of any unusual results or product defects. Perform the necessary re-checks for analytical and microbiological test.
- Report immediately to supervisor or manager of any damage, irregular activity, or unsafe conditions concerning the plant equipment or lab instrumentation.
- Follow all safety, work, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and GLP's rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- A Bachelor's degree in Dairy, Food Science, Management or related discipline is required. A minimum of 2-3 years laboratory experience is preferred.
- College level verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computational skills required. Advanced math reasoning required.
- Must be able to operate laboratory instrumentation effectively.
- Ability to work different shifts, including off-shifts.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English is required as the spoken language. Other languages are a definite asset.
working conditions and physical requirements:
- 45 hours sitting/standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Quality Assurance Supervisor
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter What's your citizenship / employment eligibility?* No answerI am a U.S. Citizen/Permanent ResidentNon-citizen allowed to work for any employerNon-citizen allowed to work for current employerNon-citizen seeking work authorizationI am a Canadian Citizen/Permanent ResidentOther LinkedIn Profile URL: Desired salary* In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye!* 150 The following questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employme
HealthcareView all jobs at fairlife, LLC
Get fresh FOOD Science Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!