Express Specialty Pharmacy is looking for a Pharmacy Technician to effectively work with the pharmacy team and properly serve patients.
Pharmacy technician is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and the care and service provided to customers/patients.
Position main functions:
- Successfully complete all required initial and ongoing training.
- Compliance with all state and federal legal requirements.
- Follow Express Specialty pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure High level of customer service and customer experience.
- Assists Pharmacist in filling prescriptions and updating patient profiles under direct Pharmacist's supervision, based on the extent allowable by State/Federal law. Retrieves, pours, counts, labels and reconstitutes prescription medications
- Access, input, and retrieve information on pharmacy computer system in order to maintain accurate records and create labels for prescriptions, which includes typing dosage instructions, name of drug, and quantity as required by abbreviated or symbolized information written on physicians' orders
- Receives refill requests from patients and obtains authorization for refills from physician's offices as permitted by state and federal laws.
- Prepares third-party insurance claims
- Orders, receives and stocks prescription drugs and supplies
- Counts stock and enters data into computer to maintain inventory records for pharmacy
- Performs electronic transactions using a cash register in processing payments for store products
- Maintain cleanliness of the pharmacy areas of the store, including restroom, throughout the day
- Follows proper pharmacy and general safety and security procedures and processes
- Assist in inventory and pharmacy management processes including: paperwork, order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
- Assist in the administration of Express Specialty programs, initiatives and protocols
- Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
- Other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
Experience / Requirements
- Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
- Ability to meet minimum age and other requirements as set forth in state law.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- At least 1 year Pharmacy Technician experience
- Pharmacy Technician certification required.
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Compounding experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Pharmacy Technician certification
Job Type: Full-time