RCDD Telecommunications Specialist
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Telecommunications Specialist -RCDD Certified
Exp Federal is an established full-service architectural and engineering firm that provides a full range of exceptional design solutions and construction support to the federal government. Our team of professionals operates in some of the most challenging environments to provide support services to a variety of governmental agencies globally.
We are seeking an RCDD-certified Telecommunications Specialist to join our growing team in Chantilly, VA. Ideal candidates are independent thinkers, self-motivated, communicate proactively, and enjoy collaborating with other disciplines throughout the design process.
Principle areas of responsibility are:
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Prepare calculations of equipment electrical loads and cooling loads.
- Edit low voltage electrical specifications with limited input from senior staff.
- Edit specifications to reflect project requirements.
- Coordinate with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Read and interpret related industry codes and standards (e.g. NEC, FGI), and incorporate them into designs.
- Prepare floor plans showing low voltage device layouts, cable pathways, equipment, etc.
- Prepare system riser diagrams with limited input from senior staff.
- Select and schedule equipment with limited oversight from senior staff.
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Coordinate with other disciplines (MEPFP, Architectural, Structural, etc.)
- Understand and properly apply existing exp details relevant to projects
- Apply risk management procedures to minimize exp’s and client’s exposure to problems.
- Work with senior engineers, PM, and clients to meet scheduled milestones on multiple projects.
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittal with limited input from senior staff.
- Manage and deliver revisions (ASIs, etc) and sketches according to proper numbering convention
- Inspect installation of systems for completeness and operability.
- Solve installation problems with low voltage electrical systems, and travel to the site to resolve issues.
- Design and specification of structured cabling systems, audio/visual systems, security systems, and other Extra Low Voltage (ELV) systems.
- Capable of creating and designing in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Telecommunications Technology Engineer
- RCDD accreditation
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure including design of cable plant (horizontal & backbone), pathways, telecommunication room design and data center design including security, cabinet placement and LAN/WAN equipment coordination
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
More About Us:
exp Federal delivers full-service Architectural & Engineering and Design-Build solutions. You will be part of an expanding team that works collaboratively across our wider exp Federal design studios. As part of a project team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that keep you engaged and showcase your individual talents. We believe in identifying potential in people and then providing opportunities to achieve success.
Our employees work on complex projects that require innovative, efficient solutions, and collaboration across various disciplines. Joining our team is a commitment to meaningful work supporting federal government clients across multiple sectors. Employees and clients alike will look to you for results that exceed their expectations.
Respect: We respect people, honor diversity, and treat each other fairly. These are the cornerstones of our culture and the key to our culture and the key to our ability to work successfully as a global team.
Unquestioned Integrity: We operate with the highest standards of honesty and responsibility – as individuals and as a corporation. We’re people who meet routine, everyday obligations with honesty.
Safety: We place the highest priority on the health and safety of our employees and protection of our assets and the environment. Our goal is zero work-related injuries.
Customer Service: We listen and respond to the changing needs of our customers, the industry, and the environment, and draw upon lessons learned from our experiences around the world.
Impeccable Quality: We recognize that quality is fundamental in all our operations — it is everyone’s responsibility. We have established procedures, assessments, and continuous improvement processes in place to ensure the quality of our work.
Sustainability: We understand the impact of our work on the environment and that sustainability is a part of everything we do. We work with customers to provide responsible, efficient, healthy, and effective project solutions to reduce our overall environmental impact.
What We Offer:
- ⌚ Exponential full-time professional growth and development
- ⏩ Fast-paced and professional work culture
- ⚕ ️Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
- Company HSA funding contributions
exp FederalChantilly, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.