The Search/PPC Specialist takes the lead in helping our clients determine how to best use the Internet to achieve their growth objectives. With an understanding of the client’s goals, as well as those of their competitors, the Search/PPC Specialist works closely with account management and creative to develop online marketing plans that direct web traffic and customer interactions in tandem with integrated campaigns. The Search/PPC Specialist is responsible for day-to-day management, execution and optimization of paid and natural/organic search engine marketing, email marketing and other digital marketing automation campaigns. This individual uses their knowledge of paid search, Google Display Network, search engine optimization (SEO,) email marketing and other digital marketing automation to assist clients and the agency in generating fully optimized content and content strategies. The Search/PPC Specialist is responsible for growing their existing clients however, s/he is not a salesperson but a service person.
Reports directly to the VP of Strategy.
Search/PPC Specialist Responsibilities:
- Performs detailed research into our clients, their industry category, and competitors across multiple markets.
- Partners with the account service team to identify and develop digital marketing plans that will support and ensure we meet client KPIs.
- Plans and implements the integration of paid search and natural/organic search.
- Conducts keyword research and develops effective short- and long-tail keyword strategies.
- Manages paid and organic search marketing campaigns across multiple search engines to ensure specific client and agency goals are met; daily tasks can include ad copywriting and testing, landing page optimization, site tagging, competitive analysis, link building, etc.
- Utilizes bid management tools and data modeling to maximize the effectiveness of paid search (PPC) campaigns; negotiates for pay-per-conversion opportunities.
- Analyzes campaign performance and devises appropriate actions for maintaining and increasing visibility and reaching client goals.
- Leads and develops the digital section of the agency’s monthly client reports.
- Support the VP of Strategy and account team with research, analysis, and reporting in related areas, such as market research, target segmentation, and brands strategy.
- Work closely and in conjunction with the media planning and social media departments.
- Participate in new business activity by providing digital intel on companies and markets.
- Help with the ongoing digitization of agency IP and processes.
- Brings new innovations, trends, ideas and tactics to the agency team and agency clients on a continuing basis. Presents new ideas and tactics at Food For Thought luncheons as requested.
Periodically, the Search/PPC Specialist may be called upon to support digitally centric clients as primary agency contact or account manager. It is projected that this will account for no more than 15% of their billable hours. As such, they are responsible for daily contact between the agency and the client. S/he interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This may include meeting with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the media director concerning media issues, and the production manager regarding scheduling and deadlines for creative deliverables.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in paid search campaigns
· Experience and working knowledge of marketing automation systems like Sharpspring or Hubspot
· Experience and working knowledge of PPC campaign management and SEO strategies
· Strong knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking strategies
· Google Analytics and AdWords certified
· Experience and working knowledge of email marketing strategies and tactics
· Proven experience using tools like Adwords Editor, Google Analytics, Advanced Excel and Wordpress
· Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment
· Flexible and adaptable to changing client and project demands
· Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines
· Excellent team management skills and ability to foster a positive team culture
· Strong presentation skills
· Four-year degree required in advertising, marketing or similar.