Our SEO Specialist is responsible for managing all search engine optimization activities such as but not limited to content strategy, link building, and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks. The SEO Specialist will also be responsible for contributing to new business proposals, as well as participating in internal and client meetings. The SEO Specialist is also responsible for collaborating with the Interactive team to maintain SEO standards and security protocols with regards to publishing and web development. He/she will work in conjunction with copywriters to discuss analytics and what content is performing well or poorly. He/she is will work in conjunction with the Account Service team to ensure digital content is published to the highest SEO industry standards and will support the account service function by providing robust reporting on SEO with recommendations.
The SEO Specialist must ensure projects are completed from start to finish and is expected to be organized and efficient in their workflow. This individual is fully responsible for the management of Evok’s SEO and digital content production.
Reports to the VP of Strategy.
Excellent writing and editing skills across digital platforms. A masterful knowledge of SEO best practices (keyword research, optimization, etc), web traffic metrics and proficiency in Google Analytics, HTML/XHTML and CSS. Experience with SEO tools, Google Keyword Planner, SpyFu, SEOMoz and SEMRush as well as working with content management systems.
Minimum of three to five years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in field related to digital production, marketing communications, journalism or web design is preferred. Great attitude and work ethic and ability to work with cross-functional teams of account managers, copywriters, web designers and others. We are a culture-first agency, so you must be a team player and ready to be part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment. Our SEO Specialist needs to be resourceful, organized, and demonstrate out-of-the-box exploratory thinking.
• Conducting keyword research (using tools including SEMRush and SEOMoz) to identify high-volume search terms that are then used to shape strategy for SEO copy
• Writing page title info, metadata, and consult on high-volume search terms culled from keyword research
• Conducting site “audits” of existing/missing SEO copy blocks, titles and meta descriptions across all web pages, with the goal of filling in blanks and achieving consistency
• Posting, updating and maintaining onsite SEO copy blocks (including blogs) through client's CMS
• Identify new content opportunities and ways to repurpose existing content. Liaison with Interactive team to insure publishing and security standards are adhered to; follow system protocols. Ensure SEO and web analytics tagging are implemented appropriately.
• Participate in recurring status calls and meetings related to SEO vendors
• Managing SEO blogs/content and contribute copywriting on an as-needed basis
• Assures that all copy is checked and proofread by other participants in process – production manager/administrative assistant/copy editor at the draft and final stages of each project, allowing a “fresh set of eyes” to examine the work.
• Assists in drafting company newsletter; oversees production of agency newsletter.
• Contributes original material to agency blog on a regular basis.
• Oversees SEO vendors as requested
• Maintains current software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
• Stay abreast of technological advances in digital content publishing and seek to apply best practices