We are seeking a Call Center Representative to join our team! You will be responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
• Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer
• They have adherence times and handle times to meet.
• Handle in-bound calls from our customers by researching and resolving loan level inquiries in hazard insurance, mortgage banking and property loss.
• Initially works in a single client /functional environment due to limited knowledge and skill set. More experienced associates will be involved in root cause analysis of more complex inquiries and will work in a multi-client or multi-functional environment.
• This role requires listening to our customer’s concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issue.
• You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
• A robust paid training environment that enables you to learn the business, the systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges. Training will be a combination of classroom, online and side-by-side observations.
Personality skills: Because every customer is different we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges. Must be able to show empathy, have solid communication skills, sound analytical skills because they are speaking with homeowners and contractors. Someone personable, reliable, someone that can accept feedback and implement the corrective action immediately. Someone who easily adapts to change.
Strong skills: Problem solving, critical thinking, effective and professional, verbal and written communication.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• Strong attention to detail
• Love talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
• Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
• Relentless drive to own the customers problem and resolve it
• Ability to adapt well to change
• Ability to work well in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
• Ability to multi-task using technology, including call handling, loan level review and call documentation
• Minimum high school diploma or GED, and 1 year work experience required
• College degree with 0-1 year work experience, preferred
Why You Should Consider This Role
• You love helping and connecting with people
• You’re a problem solver who likes to think on their feet and enjoys a challenge
• You thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
• You believe the details are important and actively listen for them
• You go above and beyond because you want to, not because you have to
What You Will Like
• The diversity - every day and every customer is different
• The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team
• The difference in the value Assurant places on great customer service and the recognition you will receive from our customers and our leaders when you exceed our customer’s expectations
• Opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 300 global company
• Competitive starting pay in a highly motivated pay for performance environment