If you have the skills and experience needed below please send me an updated MS Word Resume for review and a possible call.
Duration: 1 year
New Albany, OH 43054
Schedule: M-F 8am – 5pm daily/40hrs week. Some adjusting of schedule to meet project deadlines. OT is possible.
Job Description: (JP00005647) ROW Agent needed in New Albany, Ohio. Candidate must be experienced in Right of Way Acquisition, Contractor oversight and an understanding of title research in the states of Ohio, Indiana and Michigan. Electric Transmission experience preferred.
· 80% Office/20% Field. Personal vehicle will be required to perform job duties.
· 20% travel (as needed) would consist of training, meetings or site visits mostly within Ohio., and candidate must reside in the central Ohio area.
· Mileage is reimbursable. No Per Diem.
· Duties will include the responsibility for overseeing multiple projects or program area of projects within a matrix team environment related to the acquisition of land, land rights, licenses, leases, permits and other documents necessary for the construction, operation and maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution lines; provide direction, coordination, and effective communication to initiate , plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, efficient, economical, risk-balanced approach to achieve short and long range goals and to obtain maximum customer satisfaction.
· Develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers.
o Candidate should be well-versed in various aspects of Right of Way.
o Must have experience in acquisition and title research.
o Proficient in written & verbal communication skills.
o Computer proficiency a must.
o Electric Transmission experience preferred.
o Ability to utilize GIS Mapping systems and land acquisition databases.
o Knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted practices.
o Properly review, property owners’ files, right of way maps, records, drawings, exhibits and necessary progress reports.
o Act as an expert witness, assist and confer with legal counsel and project management in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions.
o Works outside normal business hours to accommodate project schedule.
Minimum Requirements: Associates degree is required plus five (5) years' related experience; OR, Bachelor of Science degree is preferred plus two (2) years' related experience including work in these areas: business, management, real estate, law, electric transmission and/or distribution right-of-way with a minimum of two to three (2-3) years of experience in the acquisition of right-of-way or real estate activities and/or possess a professional certificate (i.e., IR/WA, SR/WA, PMP, etc). Prior experience in a leadership position and/or project management a plus.
Additional Information: Possess excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills with a strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and right-of-way/land management (i.e., geoAMPS or other land management databases) or other equivalent databases and a background with project controls.
The individual filling this position will be required to travel within the company’s Transmission service territory; however, on rare occasions may be assigned to special projects and travel outside the transmission service territory. Must be able to work outside normal business hours to accommodate project schedules.
Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the appropriate State.
EOE Race/Sex/Vet/Disability Our client is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth.