Job Title: Payroll/HR Specialist
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Industry: Industrial Services
Requirements: Payroll, Human Resources, Benefits, 2+ years of experience within an industrial setting preferred
Job Title Job Summary:
The position assist with payroll, benefits, and human resources functions.
If you are seeking a career opportunity with a rapidly growing company, then apply today!
Job Title Job Responsibilities:
- Compile and record employee time and payroll data including computing post wages and deductions and prepare manual paychecks, confidential and certified payroll.
- mJobtime, Labor ticket and time entry, payroll and labor corrections.
- Temporary and Contractor worker administration.
- Union data administration and audits.
- Weekly payroll reconciliation, interaction with Payroll Company (assist with tax submission review and year end W-2’s).
- Unemployment submission, employment verification, wage garnishments, miscellaneous reporting from multiple software systems.
- Provides administrative support to the Operations Department as needed.
- Assist with administration of employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include: 401 (k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental, income protection, short-term disability, long-term disability, workers' compensation, leave of absence, Flexible Spending (Section 125) etc.
- Enter all new hires into Employee Navigator and track enrollments.
- Run 45 day report and coordinate with HR team regarding monthly meetings for newly benefits eligible.
- Directs employees to insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Calculates and provides staff with annual fringe benefit allowance.
- Reconciles enrollment and billing monthly.
- Serve as first point of contact for HR questions and visitors.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements. Conduct routine audits of HR files and work with associated HR team ember to update accordingly.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion. Provides administrative support to human resources function as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry).
- Maintains listing of approved positions descriptions along with assigned salary levels. Tracks and enters vacation hours and tracks Union seniority.
- Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
- Prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll, establishes personnel file, and enters new hires into multiple systems.
- Assists with preparation of annual affirmative action plan, government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
- Serve as a backup for New Hire Orientation.
- Support the full cycle recruitment function efforts for union and non-union position.
- Able to take instruction, display knowledge of the work being performed, able to retain and apply skills taught
- Report suggestion/recommendations to job supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Title Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent .
- Bachelor’s Degree (business management, human resources management strongly preferred).
- 1 Year of Previous Experience in some or all of the identified areas required.
- 2+ years of experience within an industrial setting preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations .
- Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
- Willingness and ability work in a fast paced environment dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate requirements in an industrial environment, and to give effective direction by using written and/or verbal skills where appropriate.
- Mature Customer Service and Client Communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, with ability to learn new systems quickly.
Job Key Words:
· Payroll, Human Resources, Benefits, Industrial, Union/Non-Union, Employment verification, Wage garnishments
How to Apply:
For immediate attention please apply online and send a text message or leave a voicemail for Tara Williams at 610-668-5013
ettain group is the Talent Solutions Company dedicated to employment opportunities in Technology, Healthcare IT, Digital, Professional, and Government. Since 1996 we’ve helped the most talented professionals in the industry capture the in-demand roles that align with their career goals. We are your long-term career partner and will not only work to find you an opportunity now but will actively work to re-engage you on your next assignment. Top employers and highly skilled talent throughout the U.S. select ettain group for an unparalleled recruitment experience, which has earned us ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Diamond Awards for both Talent & Client Satisfaction for 9 consecutive years, an honor achieved by less than 2% in our industry. To learn more about ettain group visit www.ettaingroup.com. To explore more job opportunities with ettain group, visit www.jobs.ettaingroup.com/job-board.
*ettain group is an equal opportunity employer.*