emerald employment Arcata, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Job Summary:
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing distribution operations within our Arcata facility and coordinating fulfillment via various manufacturing and distribution partners. The Warehouse Manager also oversees Security and Facilities.
- Manage the receipt, storage, and transfer of cannabis products from distribution to various partners and/or retailers.
- Ensure all shipments are pulled, staged, and double checked prior to loading.
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels and productivity.
- Hire, train, onboard and conduct performance conversations for personnel. Address performance issues as they happen to maintain accountability.
- Process returned/rejected orders and waste.
- Ensure the accurate and organized storage and labeling of all units including Metrc UID tags.
- Control physical inventory by conducting physical counts and reconciling with Metrc.
- Report, identify and resolve root causes of inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate department records, including: employee timecards, SOPs, maintenance logs, expense reports, etc.
- Ensure that all warehouse operations are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Establish and enforce security procedures and protocols including the direct supervision of (1) full-time Security guard.
- Maintain the facility through planning, budgeting and coordinating repairs with landlords and/or 3rd party contractors.
- Manage shipping schedules and transportation routes to maximize efficiencies in warehousing and distribution.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors, co-manufacturing partners and 3rd party contractors.
- Work with other departments and Leadership to achieve organizational goals.
- Maintain the proper climate-controlled storage of all cannabis material.
- Must be able to interpret and adhere to guidelines set forth by the Bureau of Cannabis Control and the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
- Must be able to adapt to a highly regulated industry that is constantly changing
- Timely implementation of any changes that need to be made because of new regulations or compliance needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and GoogleSuite.
- Experience with inventory/warehouse management software and/or ERP systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required.
- Three years of experience as a supervisor or manager in a warehouse environment.
- Cannabis experience preferred.
- Warehouse environment
- Loud noises
- Hot and cold temperatures
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at emerald employment