The primary purpose of this position is to oversee shift operations:
- Understand and effectively manage all employee safety programs
- Understand and manage all food safety programs and closely monitor key areas
- Plan production runs, and modify as needed to maximize throughput or meet customer demands.
- Manage and direct employees in an effective and fair manner.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and process problems. Perform minor maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Effectively manage shift maintenance personnel.
- Analyze, process, and act upon operational data per procedural standards.
- Manage inventories of raw materials, packaging supplies, and finished products. Follow up on Oracle inventories and correct them as needed. Enter and/or adjust production batches. Perform physical counts
- Directly supervises 4-9 employees
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, P&ID charts, and procedure manuals
Associate degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Production Management required
A minimum of 3 years of experience as a supervisor for a food processing manufacturer
CPR/First Aid certified required.
Facial Hair Policy: Employees working in this position will be required to follow the company's facial hair policy