Join a fast-growing organization that is leading the direct-to-consumer life insurance industry. With a uniquely integrated marketing, product, and agency model, eFinancial and Fidelity Life are making it easier for middle market customers to get the life insurance they need at a price they can afford.
Fidelity Life is a leading provider of financial security for middle market consumers. With a history of innovation, the company is redefining the life insurance industry with patented products and processes. Fidelity Life pioneered the use of predictive analytics to streamline the new business process and revolutionize the speed with which policies can be issued. Established in 1896, Fidelity Life enjoys a long track-record of success and continues to build its reputation of sound fiscal management and customer-focused innovation.
In concert with Fidelity Life, eFinancial is an online and call-center-based insurance agency with a proven direct-to-consumer life insurance model. Using a proprietary and patented sales technology platform, eFinancial operates call centers in Chicago and Seattle. eFinancial’s licensed agents and representatives reach thousands of consumers each day to help meet their unique life insurance needs – often with just a single phone call. To complement this channel, the company recently expanded to offer an entirely digital purchase experience.
Together, Fidelity Life and eFinancial are revolutionizing the life insurance industry to make life insurance more accessible and affordable for everyday Americans. With an integrated marketing, product manufacturing, and controlled distribution system, the enterprise is uniquely positioned for growth.
We seek to hire an Information Security Analyst that will be responsible for supporting computer network defense, to include auditing the network for vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, recommending corrective actions, developing solutions for security issues, and investigating security incidents and breaches.
Conducts network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various Computer Network Defense (CND) tools, such as Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls, SIEM, NAC, Vulnerability Management tools, and Host Based Security System (HBSS), etc.
- Correlates network activity across networks to identify trends of unauthorized use
- Reviews alerts and data from sensors and documents formal, technical incident reports
- Researches emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network incidents
- Analyzes data from threat and vulnerability feeds and analyzes data for applicability to the organization
- Identifies and resolves false positive findings in assessment results
- Performs compensating controls analysis and validates efficacy of existing controls
- Generates reports on assessment findings and summarizes to facilitate remediation tasks
- Provides network subscribers with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary
- Tests new computers, software, switch hardware and routers before implementation to ensure Security
- Supports the creation of business continuity/disaster recovery plans, to include conducting disaster recovery tests, publishing test results, and making changes necessary to address deficiencies
- Makes real-time decisions about incidents as they occur
- Recommends improvements to the Information Security Program to the Information Security Officer
- Plans, develops, and executes vulnerability scans of organization information systems
- Ensures compliance with all applicable configuration standards
- Manages enterprise vulnerability assessment and configuration assessment tools
- Recommends security controls and/or corrective actions for mitigating technical and business risk
- Produces vulnerability, configuration, and coverage metrics and reporting to demonstrate assessment coverage and remediation effectiveness
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field is highly desirable
- 3+ years of work experience in information security, especially in a network security analyst role
- 3+ years of past experience in a role on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC) is highly desirable
- Security +, CEH, or SANS GIAC certifications are preferred
- Technical expertise in analyzing threat event data, evaluating malicious activity, documenting unusual files and data, and identifying tactics, techniques and procedures used by attackers
- Technical expertise in system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, etc.)
- Technical expertise in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- An ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans, or behaviors
- An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business
- An understanding of organizational mission, values, and goals and consistent application of this knowledge
Fidelity Life Association/eFinancial is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workplace. As a Fidelity Life/eFinancial employee, you will be eligible for Medical and Dental Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Dependent Care & Transit), Vision Care, 401(K), Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life and AD&D coverages.