Service or Installation Technician – Competitive Salary – Middletown, NY
Auchinachie Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Water & Air Purification is a customer focused plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, and water treatment systems company that was originally started in 1906. Located in Binghamton, NY, we employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in Upstate New York.
We are looking to hire capable and detail-oriented Service and/or Install Technicians to maintain and repair HVAC and plumbing. To ensure success, your customer skills will be as good as your technical aptitude, and you need to be well-versed in safety precautions. Top candidates are detail-oriented, organized and friendly.
Successful candidates will assist with repairing and calibrating systems, and replacing various components such as transformers, thermostats and compressors. You will diagnose problems, explain these to customers in clear, non-technical terms, relay costs to customers, and offer alternative solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a fresh challenge and develop your career.
The key responsibilities of a Service/Install Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing HVAC systems, and performing warranty services
- Troubleshooting defective HVAC systems and equipment to make diagnoses
- Performing preventative maintenance by cleaning reheat coils and air handling units, and monitoring and calibrating air handling units
- Improving air quality by cleaning ducts to optimize efficiency
- Fixing, replacing and adjusting vents, and ductwork
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently
- Maintaining the service truck
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Health and Safety Act
- Installing new equipment (for Install Technicians)
The key skills and qualities of a Service/Install Technician:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent; combined with at least 2 years’ commercial HVAC or plumbing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a variety of people
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice
- Physically agile, dexterous, and able to work in confined spaces
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.