- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company Overview (Who are we? Why should you join us?)
At ecoATM the proof of our success is in our staggering growth, extraordinary impact on protecting the planet, and providing a work culture unlike any other. We are a technology company and a pioneer of device re-commerce. Through our 5000+ automated kiosks we enable people all over the world to join the mobile device re-use revolution, a revolution that will get billions of used smartphones out of the e-waste cycle and into the hands of people who don’t have affordable access to the empowerment of the latest mobile technology. At ecoATM we know our employees are our greatest strength and the key to our continued growth and success. When you join our team, you will enjoy more than just a job, you will be empowered to develop and utilize your unique talents and skills to build a rewarding career while making a lasting, positive impact on the planet.
Position Details (What will you be doing?)
This Technician I position will contribute to the ongoing success of ecoATM Operations by performing repair on returned kiosk parts and PCs, running failure analysis, logging findings, and repairing kiosks and performing Kiosk Commissioning. Position also requires that technician prepare service parts, kits, and items so that they are shipment ready.
- Familiarity with and the ability to use common hand tools, screw drivers, hammers, multimeters, wrenches, and hand drills.
- Run failure analysis on incoming electrical and mechanical parts and log information into computer-based tracking tools.
- Repair, test and configure PCs and other basic components for field use.
- Repair, refurbish, test, configure and pack kiosks to support field replacements or network expansion. Work includes validating and commissioning for deployment.
- Repair, refurbish and/or configure kiosk parts to support field replacements including small drive motors.
- Using online tools such as Salesforce to receive part orders and to update critical equipment data.
- Keep work area organized, file paper documents, return tools and equipment to specified storage locations, dispose of scrap & garbage, daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- An associate (two-year technical) degree, a diploma from a technical or vocational school or equivalent military training program and 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- A+ certification or equivalent experience (2+ years of computer, computer operations, network, communications, or related technical experience) preferred.
- Experience with software configuration: Microsoft Windows drivers, Microsoft Windows peripheral component configuration utilities, and web-based management tools for PCs and network equipment preferred.
- Experience with configuration / adjustment of electro-mechanical systems including mechanical adjustments, firmware programming, basic electrical system troubleshooting preferred.
- Prior experience in technical field is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Requires basic knowledge of the principles of electronics and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced repair/remanufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for interacting in a positive and creative manner with team members.
- Computer skills needed include, but are not limited to familiarity with PCs, subcomponents, and peripherals; Windows OS (Win10 primarily); basic networking TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting; MS Office; and various web-based applications.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills at a business level; follow written and verbal procedures, instructions, read schematics, and write business reports about the work accomplished.
- Dependable, self-motivated and detail oriented to ensure error free repairs.
- Ability to multi-task and take instruction from multiple sources.
- Be able to use a soldering iron, DVM and other basic electronic tools.
- Be able to work overtime / occasional odd hours.
- Ability to lift and carry 70 lbs. and push a 1000lb+ kiosk (on wheels) frequently throughout the workday.
- Ability to bend, kneel and stand on a regular basis throughout the workday.
- Ability to be standing for large portions of the workday.
Business Travel (How much will you travel?)
Location (Where will you be working?)
San Diego, CA
Pay Range (How much might you earn in your base salary?)
$14.30 - $22.19 (hourly)
Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per CA SB 1162 (“CA Pay Transparency Law”). Base pay information is based on market location. This position may also be eligible for short-term and long-term incentives based on individual and company performance.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Work From Home Hvac Heating jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.