Part-Time Veterinary technician with Reception duties (approx 24-32 hours)
Must be able to work Saturdays
At easyvetclinic we are looking for outgoing and enthusiastic personalities that can multitask in our unique wellness environment. Your duties will include, but are not limited to: greeting clients/patients, taking calls, setting appointments, filling medication, checking in clients, gathering items for the appointment, getting weights/temperatures, helping the doctor, maintaining the facility and computer work to name a few. Our focus is on preventative medicine, management of chronic illnesses and treatment of common/minor ailments. Must be a team player, have a good sense of humor, be respectful and compassionate for every pet every time.
Skill set must include:
- Excellent phone etiquette, ability to use medical software
- Attention to details, good listening skills, ability to follow verbal instructions and ability to apply critical analysis in problem solving
- Understand importance of heartworm prevention, flea control and intestinal parasite control, able to educate clients
- Proficient at low-stress restraint and handling of cats and dogs for physical exams, blood draws, treatments
- Ability to perform venipuncture, understand sample handling & preparation
- Proficient with vaccination schedules, age/environmental appropriate, vaccine types and indications
- Ability to give medication and administer injections as directed
- Be able to do nail trims and anal gland expressions
- A familiarity with antibiotics, analgesics, and preventative medications.
- Willingness to continue to learn and grow in the veterinary field
- Ability to lift 50#
Pay is competitive and will be negotiated according to the applicant’s ability, experience and education.
Job Type: Part-time