eVisit Salt Lake City, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
Hello there! Im the VP of engineering at eVisit. We are growing the engineering team, and wed like you to consider joining us.
I joined eVisit because I believe in the companys mission: to simplify healthcare delivery to everyone, everywhere. We are creating technology to make it simpler for you to connect with your doctor, without having to go into the office.
eVisits product is very popular among healthcare professionals. Usage increased by a factor of 10 in just a few months during 2020, and its accelerating. As you can imagine, the team needs to grow!
I came to eVisit to build the best telemedicine platform on the planet. If you join us in 2021, you can put your hand on the steering wheel with us and leave a big mark on this team and the entire healthcare industry. If youve ever wished you could look back at a hugely successful company and say I was part of that, this is your chance.
Wheres the job?
We are 100% remote, and staying that way. We are able to hire engineers in all 50 states and internationally. You can work from wherever you want. Our team was distributed internationally even before the pandemic. Its baked into how we work.
As an infrastructure engineer, you won't necessarily need deep expertise in our application code, but it is very helpful to know how these technologies work. If you know better technologies, we want to hear about them!
- On the front-end, we use React for our desktop and mobile web products. We use React Native to power our iOS and Android apps. A single code base cross compiles to all platforms using a custom technology we developed.
- On the back-end, we use Ruby on Rails, Go, and NodeJS.
- Our Infrastructure is moving to AWS, with the back-end powered by Docker containers running in Fargate/ECS, our front-end served by CloudFront, and data stored in Aurora. We strive for a serverless architecture to minimize the operational burden on team members (we don't want infrastructure engineers running OS patches every week).
- For deployments, we use CodePipeline (and the rest of the Code suite from AWS)
- For error reporting and monitoring, we use Airbrake and New Relic.
- For data warehousing, we use Redshift, Sisense, Airflow, and other tools.
- For video, we use WebRTC services from Twilio and Vonage.
- And of course, there is much more!
Our interview process:
We believe you shouldnt have to disappear from your current job for an entire day to interview with us. We also believe you shouldnt have to write code for a live audience, but rather we want you to code on your own time, in your own environment, where you do your best work.
Heres how it works:
- A 30-minute info call with our recruiter or VP of engineering
- Three 30-minute, back-to-back, one-on-one interviews with our engineers.
- A take-home coding exercise
We dont hire engineers based on a perfect laundry list of programming languages and technologies. We hire based on (1) how well you demonstrate the five eVisit company values, (2) your general engineering skills, and (3) your ability to learn.
We are looking for software engineers who bring the following:
- Exemplary Practitioners: Our infrastructure engineers believe in infrastructure as code, automation, and proactive monitoring and alarming.
- Specialization: We are looking for a mix of people with specialization across the infrastructure landscape including security, load balancing, containers, database administration, monitoring, and networking.
- Continuous Learners: We believe the best infrastructure engineers are interested in learning new tools of the trades, including new cloud services, programming languages, and platforms.
- Collaborators: Infrastructure engineers work closely with software engineers to design the best infrastructure for our customers.
- Experience: We are looking for infrastructure engineers with a solid foundation, which you can demonstrate through a combination of formal education, self teaching, personal projects, or work experience. If you've never administered a cloud-based application, this is probably not the job for you. We do not limit our search to engineers who have a computer science degree and 5+ years of experience
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA & FSA plans
- Generous PTO plan, plus 10 paid national holidays
- A fun, collaborative environment where the company is working to define the future of telemedicine
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
- 100% remote work
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at eVisit