Testing / Quality Assurance Analyst - I
Title: QA Tester
Location: Silver Spring, MD (MD, DC, VA, NJ, NY, PA, GA, NC, TX, FL)
Duration: 12+ Months
Develops and maintains test scenarios and end user test scripts to verify new functionality performs as designed and meets customer needs - Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operations, documents all problems and works to resolve them - Responsible for ensuring software releases and documentation meet requirements, are installed correctly, and executed with quality - Responsible for creating and executing regression testing, test plans, and performing the builds of applications - Assembles and build software project plans - Communicate with customers (internal and external) regarding installation issues and software defects - Perform quality assurance testing for applications
- Providing UAT support by understanding business requirements documents for a portal integration and migration project for VBG. Works with other team members performing UAT. Must be able to write and execute test cases and test plans!
- Develops and implements quality assurance standards, processes, and controls pertinent to functionality, CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information) for specific Telecommunication Enterprise Web Portals and Mobile Applications.
- Develops methods for inspection and testing. Responsibilities also includes ability to attend meetings, document information obtained during the meetings, identify, communicate and track action items and ultimately make sure all commitments are met in a timely manner.
- Understands and can create user stories and requirements to identify functional impacts, summarizes statuses and evaluates production capabilities and recommends improvements
- Assists in developing and defining quality assurance policies and procedures for assigned portal migrations
- Works with cross functional team to Identify gaps in existing & new project related functionality and takes ownership of defining new test cases
- Works with the development team to have any issues fixed.
- Works with the help desk, legal and other teams to identify if there is any fall out and open tickets.
At least 5 to 7 years' experience as a User Acceptance Tester, Business Analyst or Operations Analyst on large and complex projects
Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong background of organizational skills and attention to details.
Experienced and well versed with all phases of the software development life cycle
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
Ability to work in an agile, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner
Self-starter with great analytical, qualitative, quantitative and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decision.
Experienced and well versed with all phases of the software development life cycle, most importantly - USER TESTING
Must be skilled in understanding user stories, business and system requirements.
High level of competence with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills
High level of competence with BPMN (Business Process Model & Notation), MS Office, including advance Excel skills
Telecomm experience a huge plus
Bachelor's Degree with strong academic performance, advanced degree preferred.
Standard 8 hour day Monday thru Friday, Hours to be determined by supervisor.
eTeamSilver Spring, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.