Graphic Designer (Web & Print)
eShow / Netronix Corporation, a leader offering software solutions for the event management industry, is expanding its Creative Services Department and seeks a Graphic Designer with experience in both Web & Print Design. The right candidate must posses design, web and technical skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. It is expected that eShow employees exemplify true integrity, honesty and dedication to the success of the company and its clients.
Job Requirements / Responsibilities
- IMPORTANT - In order to be considered for this position, all applicants MUST: (1) submit a resume, (2) provide the URL to their professional portfolio/website and/or upload a digital portfolio file with samples of their work.
- Design compelling websites based on user-centered design principles and industry best practices.
- Create website mock-ups, convert design into working prototypes and execute all aspects of the design through final code implementation.
- HTML coding and front end website development using responsive design, web standards, coding best practices and disability compliance. Produce clean, technically accurate web pages that convey quality and positive user experience.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot website functionality, including cross-browser page performance and web imagery.
- Execute and support established company brand standards/guidelines across all digital and print mediums. This includes: website organization, page layout, style sheets, graphical elements, fonts, etc.
- Create print and online visuals for company materials (i.e. postcards, brochures, trade-show graphics, emails, web advertising, etc.)
- Manage numerous clients and projects at one time.
- Complete work correctly and efficiently to meet appropriate deadlines.
- Share knowledge and experience across departments. Coordinate with IT and Programming departments to ensure website functionality.
- Act as a positive and proactive individual on the team, department, and beyond to help influence decisions.
- Work and coordinate with vendors when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to document new procedures.
- Availability to work flexible hours as needed to complete client projects.
Education, Experience & Skills
To perform this job successfully, candidates must have expertise and proficiency in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Interactive Design, or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience as a Graphic Designer in both web and print, with thorough understanding of the elements and principles of good print and web design.
- Experience and understanding in coding websites with HTML, HTML5 and CSS, as well as establishing page conventions for content management systems. Experience with Bootstrap 2-4 or other responsive framework is a plus.
- Skill in Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver (Mac-based environment is preferred).
- Accountability for design and technical accuracy of their own work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to deal with challenging situations and meet tight deadlines.
- Perform effectively in a demanding work environment and show resiliency to stress.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for both creative ideas/development and presentations. Ability to assess and recommend channel strategy to meet client needs.
- Ability to complete tasks independently and as part of a team. Professionalism, respect, courtesy and willingness to work collaboratively.
- Great attention to detail, ability to multi-task and to self-manage deadlines on numerous concurrent projects successfully.
Preferred but not required
- Knowledge in email design, email campaigns, newsletters, web advertising and other promotions.
- Experience designing for mobile apps.
- Up-to-date with current UX, UI and SEO best practices.
We help our clients work smarter, from the first glimmer of a new idea, to the last few anticipated hours before show time, to the post-event planning for next year. We strive to build long-term success stories with clients, not high-priced or gimmick-priced, one-shot deals.
No matter the size of the event, the eShow umbrella has it covered with a complete range of event management solutions. eShow's suite of web-based products covers registration, housing, exhibitor and floor plan management, AMS integration, mobile apps, meeting logistics, housing, banquets, websites, abstract review, session tracking, lead retrieval and more.