eSUB, Inc. a private SaaS company located in the San Diego, California, is looking for two Product Owners who are results driven, bold and passionate; who are energized with every opportunity to collaborate individuals throughout the whole organization; who understand the importance of communication; and who have proven success in establishing rapport and building respectful relationships. If you fit this description, have 5-7 years of experience in enterprise software lifecycle, this job may be for you.
This role’s primary responsibility:
The Product Owners will primarily responsible for collaborating across the whole organization to build easy to use, compelling solutions for subcontractors in the commercial construction industry. The Product Owners need to weigh tradeoffs, clarify requirements, prioritize use cases and repairs, and create user stories throughout the Agile software development lifecycle. The Product Owners will ensure the successful translation of requirements into high-quality SaaS solutions. Given the interactive nature of a Product Owner’s role and the Agile SDLC, the Product Owners must be highly available to the teams. Successful Product Owners are proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible.
As Product Owners you will:
- Execute product vision to completion working with one or more teams.
- Work closely with the product experts and senior software engineers to develop and maintain deep understanding of product vision and priorities as well as software architecture and design.
- Create meaningful epics and features based on product vision and priorities.
- Derive actionable, appropriately-sized user stories for the teams from epics and features.
- Collaborate with our operational teams (such as support and client success) to understand the customers’ needs and issues.
- Manage expectations for delivery of new functionalities in conjunction with engineering leadership.
- Demonstrate developed functionality during stakeholder reviews.
- Understand and clearly communicate the requirements of our product suite to the teams as it exists today and as we want it to develop.
- Maintain the functional quality and performance of the product suite by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to provide technical content for go-to-market materials.
- Have other duties as assigned.
To succeed in these roles, you should:
- Have 5-7 years of work experience in enterprise software lifecycle (in a capacity such as product management, business analysis, development, test).
- Have 3-5 years of work experience as a Scrum Product Owner in an Agile, particularly scrum, software lifecycle (CSPO, PSPO, or SAFe PM/PO strongly desired).
- Be able to understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making throughout the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
- Have a BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Have a deep understanding and experience with Agile principles and practices.
- Excel in the English language through verbal and written communication.
- Have excellent collaboration skills.
- Be highly proficient in using and configuring relevant tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Have strong interpersonal relationships and team building skills.
- Have an understanding of software architecture and design, cloud technologies, client /server distributed technologies, OOD/OO.
To rock this role, you should:
- Have experience working extensively in commercial software – off the shelf delivered on premise or SaaS.
- Have experience with the Microsoft technology stack especially Azure, cloud product development and release, transitioning from classic web application architectures to more modern architectures such as microservices.
- Have construction industry knowledge.