Jr .NET Software Engineer
eSUB Construction Software San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Jr. .NET Software Engineer at eSUB Construction Software works with a diverse team to create and extend a cloud-based solution for subcontractors. Our solution aims to empower subcontractors to get information to the right people at the right time, to bring the field and the back office closer together, and to enable greater efficiency and productivity. Successful engineers at eSUB work collaboratively, are self-motivated, and are always learning.
In this role, you will help expand eSUB’s server-side architecture, delivering new features, creating unit tests, and fixing defects in support of the eSUB product and customers. This is a highly collaborative role, as you will interact daily with Database Administrators, QA Engineers, Web Developers, Mobile Developers, and Product Owners.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create and extend eSUB APIs while collaborating with mobile, web, and external developers
- Develop well written services that perform functions like email, SMS, push notifications, authentication, and typical CRUD functions
- Write SQL or LINQ queries consistent with one or more ORMs like Dapper or Entity Framework
- Write SOLID code following OOP principles and best practices within the relevant frameworks
- Participate in pair programming with mid-level and senior developers
- Contribute to code reviews, design reviews, effort estimates, task breakdowns, and other team discussions
- Fix software defects
- Take part in feature development under the guidance of more senior team members
- Meaningfully test all of your work including writing automated tests whenever possible
- Follow coding and other standards per team practices
- Work with the existing engineering team on continuously improving the performance, scalability, and reliability of eSUB products
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to design and deploy new features
- Learn about on the latest tools and patterns consistent with your role
- Participate in our Agile processes—from updating Jira to reflecting meaningfully in retrospectives and everything in between
- Other duties as assigned
- 0 to 3 years of experience in a software engineering/development role
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following
- Asp.Net, MVC
- REST, WCF, Web Api
- Demonstrated knowledge of OOP and commonly used design patterns in school, internship, or work projects
- Familiarity with at least one version control system, such as Git, Bitbucket, TFS, etc.
- Desire to learn and open to different training practices such as mentoring, mob programming, pair programming, code reviews
- Experience with Visual Studio or other IDE
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to engage throughout the department and the company to achieve goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant major or equivalent years of experience
- Any of the following would be a plus:
- Construction industry knowledge
- You respect and share our values
- You love working with teams of smart and driven people who are excited to solve challenging problems
- You can talk about complex software systems and have ideas on how to most effectively build quality, performant, and easily supportable software
- You believe that code-reviews, giving them and asking for them, are important to delivering quality a product
- You love to cover your code with adequate unit, integration, and performance tests
- You are adamant about instrumenting and measuring the performance of code to find bottlenecks and improve performance
- You exhibit dogged determination to get to the root of problems
- You care about best-practices and evangelizing them with the team
- You like to research and propose new techniques and methodologies to improve quality and efficiency of our software
- You can clearly convey your thoughts, enjoy presenting what you’ve done, and can cater your message to audiences both technical and non-technical
Expectations and Scope
- You actively engage in understanding features and the impact on the team.
- You understand the priorities and goals for the team.
- You have a basic understanding of priorities and goals for the organization.
- You take responsibility for your actions and recognize your own mistakes.
- You effectively incorporate feedback from other members of the team.
- You show interest in learning more about other parts of the organization and areas of the business.
- You try to figure things out independently but work under regular and close supervision.
- You rely on input and direction daily or multiple times per day from more experienced team members to achieve success.
- You work on systems within a single domain.
- You work on making small modifications and implementing small features.
- You don’t own any particular area of a system.
- You don’t lead the design of major systems.
This position works in an office environment and work is mostly performed at the eSUB office when not travelling for business. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. A sit/stand desk can be provided.
Position Type and Expected Work Hours
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Our teams core hours are 10am to 3pm with flexibility to arrive before or after rush hour as you prefer. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
eSUB Construction SoftwareWhy Work Here?
Excellence, leadership, collaboration and fun. We're disrupting a trillion dollar industry and having a blast in the process!
If you're bold in your pursuits and passionate about change, then this might be the environment for you! eSUB provides world class, venture backed SaaS and mobile project management solutions to the skilled trades that build projects like the Freedom Towers, airports, major ballparks and tech campuses of the world. If you desire to be mentored by proven executives and collaborate with connected teams, consider joining our team.
4875 Eastgate MallSan Diego, CA