eSUB, Inc. a private SaaS company located in the San Diego, California, is looking for a Director of Finance & Accounting who is results driven, bold and passionate; who has passion for making a huge impact to the success of an organization; who has a high-level of integrity and detail orientation; and who loves collaborating with diverse groups to ensure their success in achieving their goals and objectives. If you fit this description, this job may be for you.
MUST HAVE: B2B SaaS experience; experience with SaaS sales, marketing, GTM and funnel; experience with playbook for SaaS growth/benchmark/controls.
This role’s primary responsibility:
In this role you will own the accounting operations of the company, to include financial reporting, cash management, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP. You will leverage your depth of knowledge to evolve our current systems and build out scalable accounting practices for the future of the business. In addition to all things accounting, the ideal candidate will have a passion for building relationships with cross functional partners and be able to easily adapt to a start-up culture.
As a Controller your role will entail the following:
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis in support of the business.
- Prepare and present financial information to the Board of Directors and stakeholders.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedule and audit and tax purposes.
- Adhere to all state and local tax laws (sales tax etc).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Conduct timely financial month-end closes and account reconciliation.
- Manage and mentor internal accounting team.
- Maintain and update/improve documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement changes.
- Update and balance internal accounts and journal entries using QuickBooks & other internal systems in conformance with US GAAP.
- Manage vendor payments and tax forms.
- Manage operational data and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Work with Sales group on customer contract structure and compliance.
***Other responsibilities & duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Have a CPA or relevant experience.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in SaaS industry/environment.
- Have 7 to 10 years of experience in accounting in a management role.
- Have experience with QuickBooks, and strong in Microsoft Excel.
- Be highly detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- Have experience in a VC Backed company.