eSUB, Inc. a private SaaS company located in the San Diego, California, is looking for two Build/Release Engineer who is results driven, bold and passionate; who has gets excited working with software and collaborating closely in a team-oriented environment with the interest of the end user in mind; and who has experience supporting, maintaining, and improving software implementation, builds, deployments and CI/CD strategies. If you fit this description, this job may be for you.
This role’s primary responsibility:
The Build/Release Engineer is primarily responsible assisting product development teams by speeding up development times, executing the tools and processes needed to develop software efficiently, creating and managing automation within development, and ensuring smooth, repeatable, and successful software deployments.
As a Build/Release Engineer you will:
- Define, architect, and build the next generation of our build and release infrastructure.
- Expand the capabilities of existing development systems and encourage better utilization.
- Work with development and QA teams to analyze and improve the software development workflow and release processes along with supporting associated platforms.
- Maintain product reliability by enforcing security measures, automating testing, streamlining development, and assisting in the implementation of new technologies.
- Collaborate with Systems/Cloud Administrators on systems management at the VM and OS level.
- Handle and resolve build failures as well as continue to improve build infrastructure, efficiency and reliability.
- Availability after hours and/or weekends as required by need.
- Other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you should:
- 5+ years’ experience in full lifecycle software development.
- 3+ years’ experience in build management and/or release engineering.
- Expertise with design and administration of continuous build, integration, and deployment pipelines (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, etc.).
- Experience managing CI/CD systems for containers and microservices.
- Experience handling build, test, and source code management tools.
- Direct experience with build tools.
- Experience supporting multi-platform application development shops and a solid understanding of continuous integration.
- Capable of quickly learning new technologies and procedures, as well as being willing to train others in skills that have been mastered.
It would be really cool if you have the following experience:
- Experience working with internationally distributed teams
- Experience deploying desktop applications and knowledge of best practices creating and delivering executables
- Experience integrating with cloud services like Slack, Jira, etc.