Digital Press Operator - 2nd Shift
- $21 Hourly
ePac Flexible Packaging is a global flexible packaging company with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Indonesia. Built on break-through digital technologies, ePac is at the crossroads of advanced technology and manufacturing. As a start-up in 2016, ePac began with a focus on helping small and medium sized brands compete with great packaging, and today serves thousands of brands of all sizes. In all corners of the world ePac operates, the company strives to serve the communities in which we reside and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy.
$21 or more depending on experience; 2nd shift includes Shift Differential $1.50
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Digital Press Operator manages operation of the wide web HP20000 digital press(s) and communicates between Pre-Press and Converting Operator to deliver the laminated product to be converted into the final pouched and roll stock products. Responsible for the efficient operation of printing press which consists of running print webs of plastics substrates (PE, BOPP, PET, and other polymer based substrates). in accordance with specification.
- Health (3 plans to choose from)
- Life & AD&D and Voluntary Life
- Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Care, Medical Bridge
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) w/generous employer match
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Hardship Program
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stocks inventory continuously for machines to run product
- Vets print files and job tickets and corrects them as needed with the front office personnel before printing
- Prepares files given to them by the Pre-Press department through the DFE
- Orders supplies to keep both Indigo machines operational
- Performs maintenance on machines as needed
- Keeps the HP up time kit fully stocked and updated
- Works with our Microsoft Dynamics system to efficiently build workflow
- Maintaining quality of materials produced.
- Set up and change over of press from one job to another.
- Loading rolls onto press and unloading finished rolls from press.
- Getting ink, cores, and other supplies required.
- Responsible for the waste of materials used in production.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when press equipment needs repair work.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including pouch assistant, slitting, and lamination
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of HP Indigo presses (HP 20000 experience a plus)
- Simple mathematical ability for reports required
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical knowledge
- Ability to read a ruler
- Mechanical skills
- Attention to detail
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 1-3 years in production field related to digital printing preferred
- High school diploma
- HP Operator 1 training desired
- Responsibility in the area of food safety essentials from AIB international 220.127.116.11 section of adequacy of prerequisite and food safety programs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- ePac believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourage all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.
ePac is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO Poster
ePac Flexible PackagingSacramento, CA
ManufacturingView All ePac Flexible Packaging Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.