Federal Proposal Writing Consultant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Federal Proposal Writing Consultant
Location: Washington, DC (Remote)
Client: Women Owned Federal Government Contractor
eMentum is a management and information technology consultancy. We deliver strategy, management, and IT solutions that leverage our clients’ strengths, minimize their risks, and meet their goals. We specialize in providing custom-tailored strategic consulting services, program and project management leadership, and technical implementation delivery to the Fortune 500 and the Federal Government.
eMentum is looking for a detailed oriented and articulate Proposal Writing Consultant to support our corporate Business Development team. As the Proposal Writing Lead, you will lead proposal writing efforts on federal request for proposals (RFP) targeted by leadership. This role will assist with reviewing proposal requirements and then leading efforts to develop and write a compelling, persuasive and compliant response that includes appealing graphics and visual appeal. This position doesn’t require subject matter expertise in any specific area, but does require someone who can comprehend complex and highly technical content and be able to synthesize and package it up to optimize RFP requirements.
- Attend kickoff meetings to determine proposal approach and scope
- Support creation of proposal schedules and deadlines
- Write persuasive, compelling and compliant proposals
- Able to lead and/or follow proposal process through pink, red, gold and white glove phases
- Assist in creation of graphics and visuals for proposals
- Assist in development of win themes
· Format proposal content according to the company's policies, obtaining supervisor approval, and sending the proposal to the appropriate source.
- Conduct research as needed
- Incorporate feedback and revisions
- Work with subject matter experts as needed
- Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible manner.
- Editing and revising proposals according to feedback.
- Maintaining consistency in proposal writing by following company policies and branding
- Good understanding and/or training with Shipley Proposal Process
- Experience writing and leading federal request for proposals responses
- Ability to create minor proposal graphics as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to brand voice, tone, and style guidelines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Solid background in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- 5+ years of prior relevant experience
· Good understanding and/or familiarity with style guides such as: (1) The Associated Press Stylebook (2) The Elements of Style (3) MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum two (5) years of relevant experience in proposal writing, technical writing and business development
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in journalism, communications, English, or related field.
· Excellent technical writing skills
· Strong working knowledge of word processing software.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good strategic planning abilities
eMentumWhy Work Here?
Motto the company lives and works by: Do Good. Have Fun. Add Value.
BusinessView all jobs at eMentum