Operations Supervisor - Distribution Center - 3rd Shift
eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc. Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for executing the policies and procedures necessary to manage the physical manipulation of mail/small parcels, within, into, and out of assigned Distribution Center. Ensures the entire process meets customer and internal requirements and is completed in an organized, efficient and safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assign work, set completion dates, review work, and manage performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
· Supervise employees, mail/small parcel processing, quality process, and transportation in accordance with company policies and procedures to obtain optimal quality and profitability in the assigned departments.
· Establish an environment of teamwork, employee involvement/empowerment, fairness, and consistency.
· Ensure proper staffing by department and shift, following guidelines based on scheduled mail/small parcel volume. Oversee employees’ attendance and time management.
· Conduct performance reviews, coach and train direct employees.
· Monitor and ensure that all facility equipment is working correctly and meeting production standards
· Support the ongoing development and implementation of the Distribution Center Business Plan through timely and accurate fulfillment and operations, while maintaining cost and quality efficiencies
· Review productivity, KPI, and quality reports to ensure department is meeting pre-established targets and take necessary steps when targets are not being met.
· Recommend measures to improve production methods, working conditions, and increased efficiencies
· Oversee safety activities to include ensuring compliance with safety policy and ensuring bi-annual Safety Methods and Employee Training is conducted.
· Supports HR Business Partner in the recruitment and interview process of new hires.
· Act as liaison between the facility and the on-site postal clerks. Keep updated on all postal rate/regulatory changes.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Understanding of Small Parcel Logistics
· Knowledge of and experience in improving operations quality and safety programs
· Experience in implementing and applying process improvement tools such as 5s
· Demonstrated successful experience in supervising and driving improved production standards and automation utilization.
· HS Diploma/GED with 2 years of external supervisory experience
· 2 years’ experience working in a distribution/mail/ or similar environment.
· Knowledge of operations quality and safety programs
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Ability to motivate, delegate, and hold direct reports accountable to daily, weekly and monthly production objectives.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to adapt to various audiences
· Strong analytical and problem solving and skills
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Physical demands are consistent with a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting.
· May be required to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. (additional weight may be required with assistance).
· Frequently walk throughout the warehouse to supervise employees.
eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc.Why Work Here?
Visit us at www.elinkrecruiting.com
eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc., is an Atlanta based recruiting firm specializing in linking high quality talent to career opportunities in the Restaurant Industry within the US. Our talented team of Recruiters work hard to enhance our candidates experience by identifying high level career opportunities that compliment the talent, skills and abilities presented to our clients. Our goal is to maximize a successful hiring experience for both our clients and our candidates. For more information visit us at www.elinkrecruiting.com
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc.