General Manager - Distribution Center
eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc. Mableton, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Our General Manager plays a crucial role in exceeding expectations and providing a superb customer experience critical to The Company’s success. This position is responsible for all DC functions.
Our General Manager plays a crucial role in exceeding expectations and providing a superb customer experience critical to The Company’s success. This position is responsible for all DC functions. This role is a multi-faceted role requiring the ability to balance operations directions and execution of the core DC objectives: safety, service, quality and cost. The successful candidate will lead a dynamic management team to achieve operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team; driving employee engagement, and building leadership bench strength within the DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as advisor to senior management level operations.
• Takes proactive measures to ensure safety of all employees in your facility.
• Manage DCs cost, overtime, headcount, productivity, automation equipment maintenance, vendor cost/service value, and all other elements that impact the overall cost per piece processed.
• Manage DCs quality functions: monitor internal/external quality controls; track service commitment levels and effectiveness, develop new quality initiatives; implement best practices.
• Communicate with DC personal directly and through Managers and Supervisors with formalized daily, weekly and monthly operations meetings, newsletters, memos.
• Work with Human Resources function to include payroll, headcount, staffing, evaluations and employee relations.
• Manage employee satisfaction levels thus fostering high employee retention.
• Conduct and ensure employee performance evaluations are completed in a timely and effective manner.
• Manage the coordination of the client’s and vendor’s pick-up and closing times, pick-up points, cut-offs in cooperation with our strategic partner’s Central Dispatch and Logistics. Conduct daily audits both internal and external with DC’s management team; address and follow up on client concerns and needs; resolve service issues.
• Liaison between vendors, operations and sales.
• Build and maintain effective USPS relationships.
• Identify and undertake continuous business improvements and cost reduction reviews throughout scope of role to include Distribution Center of Excellence and First Choice initiatives.
• Leverage Lean Principles of Management to drive continuous improvement.
• Leverage Lean Principles of Management to coach and mentor management staff.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Engineering, or related field.
• MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• 5 years in a management role with a combination of warehouse, fulfillment, transportation, related industry, or high speed sortation facilities.
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing large sites.
• Staff scheduling experience in a variable work volume environment.
• Experience interacting with the USPS is highly desirable.
• MS Office proficiency necessary.
• Experience in direct/variable cost budgeting and capital equipment purchase.
• Ability to work all shifts especially 3rd shift.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate and develop operations teams that consistently and sustainably achieve and exceed operational targets and goals.
• Proven ability to build relationships and successfully manage various locations with a variety of strategic vendor-partners.
• Past experience with multi-unit management preferred.
• Must be able to overcome obstacles with cooperation among team members, build consensus and foster harmonious relations.
• Goal driven and self-motivated to over achieve against personal targets in a highly competitive industry sector.
• Direct/variable cost budgeting and capital equipment purchase experience.
• Demonstrated success in past stretch assignments and/or primary role that includes process improvements/overall results improvement for turn-around facilities.
• Able to work a range of shifts based on operational needs, after-hour, weekends and holidays.
• Requires moderate physical activity; ability to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Works in a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting.
• 50% travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disabled
eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc.Why Work Here?
Visit us at www.elinkrecruiting.com
eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc., is an Atlanta based recruiting firm specializing in linking high quality talent to career opportunities in the Restaurant Industry within the US. Our talented team of Recruiters work hard to enhance our candidates experience by identifying high level career opportunities that compliment the talent, skills and abilities presented to our clients. Our goal is to maximize a successful hiring experience for both our clients and our candidates. For more information visit us at www.elinkrecruiting.com
RetailView all jobs at eLink Recruiting Solutions, Inc.