Deskside Support Technician
eJAmerica Springdale, AR
- Expired: June 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description Technical skills (Required - Mandatory) 5 years’ experience supporting Microsoft systems (Windows7, 8.1,10) in IT Infrastructure function. Must have knowledge of PC hardware architecture Must have knowledge of typical desktop applications, (i.e., MS Office, virus scan, Ghost, etc.) Must have knowledge of SCCM and operations (Installing applications, patch management) Prior experience in Remote Desktop support A solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and other network fundamentals · Should have good understanding of Microsoft Acrive Directory, DHCP and DNS · Should have good understanding of user profile management Proven Customer Service skills Good written and oral communication Technical skills (Required – Nice to Have) § Awareness of latest technologies and trends § Knowledge of agile methodologies § Must have the ability to identify and instill industry best practices. Proven Customer Service skills Excellent written and oral communication People skills · Client management Soft skills · Create deep client impact · Execution excellence Areas of Responsibilities: The role is expected to carry out following function/activities as part of this job.
· Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of desktop systems. · Analyzes requirements to ensure the system meets performance needs. · Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to application development team regarding new technologies and system requirements.
· Maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots desktop hardware and software packages. · Assists with desktop/laptop images including updates, patches and performance/process enhancements. · Has the ability to script, test and deploy automated desktop solutions.
· Provide level2/3 desktop/ laptop break-fix support · Responsible for writing documentation to describe existing and new environments, technologies and enhancements. · Assists with the testing and selection of non-server computing hardware to be used within the enterprise. · Assists with the design and maintenance of new images for desktops.
· Works with outside vendors as requested for incident resolution and to stay current on technology suitable for client environment (i.e. software, desktop images, and hardware). · Assists with writing, testing, and installing packages for software upgrades/patches.
· Serves as a top tier desktop support. · Work with offshore teams Overall Experience (in yrs.) 5 plus years Academic Background Bachelor of Engineering / Technology / Science or equivalent experience Company Description We provide Management Consulting, Information Technology Consulting and Sourcing Advisory Services. Our management consulting services focus on our client's most critical issues and opportunities: strategy, marketing, organization, operations, technology and mergers & acquisitions, across all industries and geographies.
We bring deep, functional expertise, but are known for our holistic perspective: we capture value across boundaries and between the silos of any organization. We have proven a multiplier effect from optimizing the sum of the parts, not just the individual pieces. In today's dynamic business environment there is a strong need for the organizations to become globally competitive.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) has become an important software tool for managing business applications across various industries. Customized ERP solutions that matches the business will definitely maximize the return on investment ROI of Organization. Implementing right ERP helps companies to manage their data more effectively, allows to streamline business processes, including quoting, planning, manufacturing, services, sales and marketing.
It also includes activities like stock control, order tracking, customer service, finance and staff. The returns on investment (ROI) are achieved when the implementation procedures are followed properly, process have been streamlined, and all staff have been trained in the new system.
TechnologyView all jobs at eJAmerica