Our mission at eHealth Innovation is to change healthcare delivery for all by designing thoughtful digital technologies that are empathetic and ultimately empower people. We work with whip-smart local and international minds from multidisciplinary areas like sciences, design, technology, and health fields to transform health systems around the globe.
The Lead, Technology & Development will take a critical role in technical decisions that will lead to advanced research, set expectations and improve patient experience to enable better quality of life for the community we serve.
What You Bring to this Role:
- Build, grow and develop a high performing digital software team, bringing depth to all system areas to deliver against business demands.
- Provide technical foresight and be responsible for technical strategy by informing architecture across multiple digital platforms.
- Lead the cross-platform software development team and act as technical gatekeeper (i.e. ability to triage and set clear priorities for technical development)
- Involved in decision making from a technical standpoint on business development, grants, and research opportunities
- Effective communication of complex technical problems, solutions, priorities and feasibility to diverse stakeholder group.
- Lead and assume responsibility for all project interdependencies which influence overall enterprise solution and strategy as a whole
- Accountable for technical decisions around common components and libraries that could be reused across products and project teams.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to software developers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and leading a mid-sized software/technical team of at least 15 people working on multiple projects.
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in software development
- Experience working on multi concurrent large-scale complex projects
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or equivalent business experience.
- Full-stack experience across a diverse range of web and mobile technologies and methodologies, including mobile development, web authentication technologies, content management solutions, data caching and data transformation, e-commerce engines, and personalization technology.
- Demonstrated experience in environment with multiple products
- Excellent communication skills across stakeholders, researchers, project team and software team.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working within healthcare is an asset.
- Experience inventing or commercializing IP is an asset.