Financial Analyst 2-Stanford
505 Broadway, Redwood City, CA 94063
- Perform complex treasury and finance functions and/or activities requiring advanced knowledge and application of internal policies, external regulations, precedents, and systems. May manage a key area within a finance operation or department/unit.
Provide analytical support to i) evaluate the University’s short and long-term cash, financing, and investment needs, ii) conduct affordability studies, and iii) establish the University’s Budgeted Interest Rate. Conduct quantitative analysis and work on complex financial models that will be used to inform management on the debt portfolio:
1) Forecast projected debt uses;
2) Assist in evaluating School, Department, and/or the University's debt capacity;
3) Perform analysis that will be used to determine the rate of interest for internal borrowers;
4) Assist in developing cash flow projections to forecast the University's long term obligations.
- Develop budget and short and long-term forecasting scenarios or debt capacity analysis, long-range planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations for senior management and rating agencies; design and run ad hoc reports.
- Ensure timely disclosure of financial information to investors in Stanford’s debt securities, and implement approved changes. Assist in monitoring the internal debt portfolio and the use of funds to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, liquidity requirements and financial covenants. Assist in managing compliance program for area of responsibility, interpret internal policy and external regulations, and create and/or review complex compliance reports.
- Provide analytical support for the University’s public debt offerings, requests for proposals from underwriters, reviewing public offering documents, and presentations of the University’s credit profile to rating agencies.
- Assist in developing complex analyses to evaluate debt financing strategies. As a member of bond financings team:
- Assist in preparation and evaluation of RFPs, structuring transactions, participating in due diligence, developing materials for rating agencies and assist with coordinating bond closings;
- Assist in coordinating interaction with investment banks, law firms, rating agencies and senior management.
- Perform and design ad hoc analyses of large complex data sets: reconcile complex accounts. Identify and resolve complex issues which may span multiple areas.
- Construct and assemble data for budgeting and decision making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations. May develop annual budget for individual department/unit.
- Conduct analysis and resolution, and recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational perspective in decision making.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. May manage compliance program for area of responsibility, and create complex compliance reports.
- Develop reports and presentations of complex financial data and metrics for management and third parties.
- Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Contribute to unit and organization strategy; assist in the development of change management plans and materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform system testing and analyze results.
- Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Provide consulting advice to client group(s); serve as a resource on matters that require specific technical, financial, or subject matter expertise; support negotiations with external partners.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise.
- Other duties may include:
- Assisting with assessing daily cash position, determining daily cash balances available for investment, and executing funds movements including wire, ACH transfers, and debt facility draws.
- Assisting with commercial paper issuance and reporting, Foreign exchange programs, analytical support for retirements plan, opening/closing bank accounts, audits, and credit card merchant services activities as needed.
- Provide financial support, cross train and provide coverage as needed for all areas of treasury, and work on ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team a plus
Intake Note :
- 1 ) Manager is ideally looking for someone with 4 to 6 years of experience with Treasury a must for this position.- Moved up the ranks in treasury. This position is dealing with Treasury and finance functions.
- 2) Good understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis(FP&A).
- 3) Interviews would take place at the earliest and needs to fill this position ASAP.