Financial Analyst 2
505 Broadway, Redwood City, CA 94063
Division of Primary Care and Population Health is looking for temporary Finance Analyst who can help managing post award. This position will be primarily based at the Stanford Redwood City campus.
- Capture, track, and report revenue and expenses; determine appropriate procedures for accounting record preparation, research of transactions and reporting. Oversee, reconcile, and resolve problems relative to complicated accounts.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions. Generate, review, analyze and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets. Prepare and present quantitative and qualitative analyses focusing on variances from budget and prior data.
- Maintain and review accounting process controls; recommend and implement any approved modifications; perform preliminary analysis and recommend solutions. Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; prepare management information reports.
- Develop, prepare, revise, and finalize project budgets, and provide budget justification; obtain cost sharing commitment and support. Construct and assemble data for budgeting, forecasting, and decision making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations.
- 2 + years of experience of professional level accounting and/or finance experience
- Experience with current Stanford financial systems (i.e. ReportMart3, OBI, SeRA, etc)
- Knowledge of RMG and OSR processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.