Business Systems Analyst
10300 SW Allen Blvd., Beaverton, OR 97005
Data Services is the team within ECA which manages and shepherds data through the entire life cycle of a class action or similar matter, such as a mass tort claim. Each case, while unique, undergoes a similar lifecycle and series of operations, including initial gathering/scrubbing/loading of client data, notifying potential class members, receiving claim information, computing and disbursing settlement amounts, and so on. Each of these steps will be reflected by and/or have material effect on the underlying case data. The Business System Analyst (BSA) is responsible for understanding the requirements for a particular case, or step of a case, and determining how those functional requirements translate into technical specifications. The BSA translates functional requirements into a technical statement of work from which developers can code solutions. The BSA works directly with Client Services, Technical Project Managers, Data Analysts, QC Analysts, other BSAs, department Team Leads, and others to understand all aspects of the case and to determine and document the data-oriented solution.
• Understand the entire lifecycle of a class action or similar matter, determine what data is required based on functional requirements, and define how that data and business rules will translate to internal applications.
• Develop and publish technical specifications, technical requirements, and other documentation, as required.
• Design data mappings and transformations which will be used to drive ETL procedures.
• Work with QC Analysts to design testing strategies and plans to ensure all outcomes are as expected.
• Using tools such as Excel, Access, SQL Server, and others, directly query, assess, and analyze data to ensure requirements are being met.
• Serve as liaison between Client Services (business) and Data Analysts (technical) teams to keep production work flowing smoothly.
• Work with Technical Project Managers to ensure all required steps and actions are captured in project plans, and that project timelines seem reasonable.
• Lead, conduct, or consult in user acceptance test exercises to ensure results are acceptable and meet requirements.
• Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions.
• Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Account for and accurately log time against project work.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience as Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Process Specialist, or other role where business functional requirements are captured and decomposed.
• Proficient with MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
• Experience with relational databases and ability to comprehend moderately complex SQL logic desired.
• Basic understanding of data modeling and data organization desired.
• Basic understanding of and experience with extract, transform, load (ETL) concepts, tools, and practices desired.
• Ability to work in an environment with immediate deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluent in English.