Senior Data Engineer
- Posted: 4 days ago
eClinical Solutions helps life sciences organizations around the world accelerate clinical development initiatives with expert data services and the elluminate Clinical Data Cloud – the foundation of digital trials. Together, the elluminate platform and digital data services give clients self-service access to all their data from one centralized location plus advanced analytics that help them make smarter, faster business decisions.
You will make an impact:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with clients and providing technical consulting services and oversight for specific projects that include ETL and custom analytics development. You will provide direction on database aspects to the team of existing ETL developers on various database related activities.
Accelerate your skills and career within a fast-growing company while impacting the future of healthcare.
Your day to day:
- Design, develop, test, and deploy highly efficient SQL code and data mapping code according to specifications
- Design and develop ETL code in support of analytic software applications and related analysis projects
- Work with Analytics developers, other team members and clients to review the business requirements and translate them into database objects
- Research and utilize new technologies
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to test the applications functionality
- Provide technical guidance, training, and support to other team members
- Ensure compliance with eClinical Solutions and industry quality standards, regulations, guidelines, and procedures
- Manage multiple timelines and deliverables and manage client communications as assigned
- Provide programming solutions and support using elluminate Clinical Data Platform
- Configuration, migration, and support of the elluminate platform
- Knowledge of clinical trial data is a plus - CDISC SDTM, or ADAM standards
- Other duties as assigned
Take the first step towards your dream career. Here is what we are looking for in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- 7+ years in database design and development experience preferred
- Experience in data warehouse architecture, design, and development
- Thorough understanding of database design principles and best practices
- Experience in designing scalable, modular SQL code and ETL procedures using MS-SQL Server
- Strong Software Development Lifecycle experience (Agile methodology) preferred
- Understanding of relational database concepts, data modeling and design
- Strong technical project management experience and team leadership skills including scope management, work planning and work delegation
- Strong troubleshooting skills and use of defect/feature management systems
- Proven ability to work independently and with technical team members (Startup environment experience is preferred)
- Experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or Life Sciences industries (Clinical Research Organization - CRO or Clinical Trial regulated environment preferred)
- 7+ years with SQL Server, ETL and Data Warehousing preferred
- 5+ years with ETL architecture and design preferred
- 5+ years with Data modeling (physical and logical) preferred
- Experience with Performance tuning and management of SQL Server
- Experience with Dimensional modeling
- Experience with any BI tools (e.g., Qlik, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Knowledge of clinical trial data is a plus
Accelerate your skills and career within a fast-growing company while impacting the future of healthcare. We have shared our story, now we look forward to learning yours!
eClinical is a winner of the 2023 Top Workplaces USA national award! We have also received Culture Excellence Awards in the areas of Appreciation and Employee Well-Being. See all the details here: https://topworkplaces.com/company/eclinical-solutions/
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Our management team is committed to the principle that employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, culture fit and business need.
eClinical Solutions, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at eClinical Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?