Role Profile – Credit Controller
Job Title Credit Controller
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Reports to: Team Lead
Direct Reports: None, but works closely with Account Executives
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose of the role:
• Ensures security and profitability through effective credit control and monitoring collateral performance within a portfolio of clients.
• Establishes and maintains a professional and efficient relationship with an allocated portfolio of clients and their debtors.
• Provides a secondary point of contact for Clients.
• Ensures that security interest is maintained at all times within internal management policies (e.g. management controls, risk framework and KPC’s).
• Provides excellent standards of customer service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Manages collateral performance of the allocated portfolio through efficient and effective Credit Control and compliance with policies and procedures.
Uses appropriate chasing techniques. Seeks to recommend alternative collection methods when required.
Establishes and maintains a professional and expert relationship with Clients through efficient ledger management. Understands and is interested in Client’s business.
Ensures that debtor notification and verifications are performed in-line with KPC requirements.
Uses collection and verification queues and call backs in conjunction with aging profile and risk scores to determine calling priorities.
Maintains an understanding of the clients within the allocated portfolio.
Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security interest.
Communicates any concerns noted or adverse performance trends to the A/E.
Performs general A/R review to ensure debtor information complete and payments allocated completely and correctly. Works closely with Data Entry.
Minimizes manageable losses by proactively monitoring ledger performance and taking appropriate and timely action.
Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
Key Skills and Knowledge
• Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
• Possesses excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire others. Leads by example.
• Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behaviour and approaches to changing circumstances.
• Listens with acute attention to detail.
• Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
• Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
• Drives for outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
• Works with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Ability to work as part of a team in an office environment and to act independently when required. Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office; ability to learn new systems quickly. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; strong customer service.
eCapital Commercial Finance Corp