ebay is one of the top 3 ecommerce companies in the world, sharing that leadership space with Amazon and Alibaba. We’re a global company focused on several markets including the US, UK, Germany, Australia and Emerging Markets with 179M Active Users. We were born an internet company and have capitalized on every technology revolution along the way – mobile, cloud, AI. Join us in building the modern marketplace.
Our team is using Artificial Intelligence paired with Human Intelligence to create a personalized, inspirational and simplified shopping experience on ebay – a modern, more human marketplace that celebrates the value and opportunity of open and inclusive global trade.
We want our customers to feel like we’re that great sales person who is constantly listening and treating them like an individual everywhere. We strive to showcase the value and unique selection of ebay’s global marketplace throughout our customers’ shopping journey. Building a long-lasting relationship with our customers and inspiring them to come back often and buy again and again.
In this role, you will define and deliver the personalization strategy and roadmap across the buying experience. Your goals are to 1) increase active buyers by acquiring new buyers, retaining existing customers, and preventing churn 2) increasing buying frequency and engagement by helping our customers unlock the value amazing inventory of ebay through targeted, evolving and inspiring recommendations.
As a Product Manager you’re leading design and engineering teams to bring to life new product experiences to our global buyers. We’re looking for someone with experience delivering innovative, personalization solutions at global scale. This person is someone who can draw on their product skills to define the product vision, design customer centric experiences, influence across the organization, build scalable product solutions, and ultimately deliver measurable and impactful business outcomes while reducing risk through an iterative, rapid experimentation based approach.
- Work collaboratively with our product, design, marketing, merchandising, and engineering partners to deliver a fully personalized buying experience. Gain a deep understanding of the business climate, strategy, and opportunities for eBay to grow in our various regions.
- Use data, design thinking, and lean experimentation methods to move quickly and take smart risks.
- Work closely with designers, software engineers, quality engineers, and analytics analysts to prioritize, build, measure, and deliver product experiences that reflect our brand.
- Lead the implementation, business activation and on-going improvement of your products.
- Minimum 7-10 year’s experience in building successful digital, consumer experiences.
- Experience leveraging Artificial Intelligence to build personalized experiences is a must.
- You thrive working in a fast paced, dynamic, highly collaborative environment where you are work autonomously, are constantly aligning and communicating with complex sets of partners and stakeholders all in service of delivering customer and business value.
- Demonstrated use of data to build a strategy, prioritize your roadmap and ultimately solve customer and business problems.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to lead effectively through influence, alignment, and collaboration.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Economics, Marketing, Phycology, or equivalent experience.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement