- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
e2E helps small to mid-size businesses grow from entrepreneur to enterprise by providing strategic and tactical expertise in Finance, HR and Marketing. From CFO consultants that help increase profitability to accountants handling bookkeeping and taxes, our finance team keeps their eye on the bottom line. Our HR practice can help businesses with the right hiring practices, company policies, competitive benefits and processing payroll while ensuring they are compliant. Marketing helps businesses strategically position themselves in the market to maximize their sales and profit potential. Businesses can engage with one or two practice areas or all three but get the benefit of a cohesive team of experts that helps takes them to the next level.
This job is located in Kansas City. To be considered for the position, applicants must either currently reside in the Kansas City metro area or be planning to relocate to Kansas City.
To learn more about e2E, visit our website at www.e2ekc.com.Job Description
We are seeking a dynamic Payroll Specialist for a multi-client facing position. This position will provide Payroll support to our clients. The ideal candidate has strong payroll expertise, enjoys working with leaders of entrepreneurial companies, is experienced in processing and submitting payroll, comfortable with payroll compliance research, is curious, enjoys providing a high-level of services partnered with a high attention to accuracy, welcomes the challenges that come with change, ensures best practices, embraces learning, desires to improve processes, and effectively manages multiple priorities. Persons in this role should be able to navigate taking direction from internal consultant staff as well as from their direct supervisor. Learning new online software tools, handling multiple projects and all the administrative duties required to provide excellent and timely service to our clients is also critical. This position will play a central role in the day-to-day administrative operations and will report to the Human Resources Practice Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate, process and reconcile weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payroll for multiple clients accurately and timely; ensure that payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations; research and resolve any client employee questions or concerns related to paychecks, deductions or taxes.
- Update payroll records with all client employee changes (i.e. new hires, terminations, garnishments, job titles and salary, insurance coverage, other deductions, etc.).
- Ensure that all federal, state, and local taxes, social security contributions, voluntary employee deductions, PTO and other mandatory deductions are withheld correctly from individual paychecks.
- Input time & attendance information received from the client, ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Process off-cycle payrolls when needed.
- Keep track of PTO leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave for certain clients.
- Send all voluntary contributions to appropriate benefit vendors (FSA, HSA, 401K, etc).
- Review issues and calculate, process and record wage adjustments related to previous errors or retroactive increases. Work with payroll providers as needed.
- Prepare payroll reports, including reports for workers' compensation audits.
- Review quarterly and year-end payroll reports to ensure accurate distribution of W2 forms.
- Coordinate with payroll provider to manage all (monthly, quarterly and year-end) tax filings and timely remittances for several states and the federal government, including any local related taxes. If needed, be prepared to process and file these yourself.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal and reporting requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions. Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Conduct verifications of employment, as requested.
- Assist with processing client HR-related paperwork, help manage ancillary benefits such as workers compensation, life insurance, and short/long term liability insurances as well as prepare related census reports.
- Responsible for ensuring our clients’ employees receive exceptional service and support.
- Input, maintain, audit, extract and analyze confidential payroll and benefit information; responsible for data integrity with the payroll/HRIS systems.
- Liaise with auditors as required for all payroll and benefit information and reporting.
- Revise and maintain all internal payroll and benefit process documentation.
- Work directly with the Human Resources team to ensure payroll related information is communicated
- Perform client payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to general ledger and other accounts as well as payment of payroll and benefit related invoices
Knowledge and Skills
- Comfortable with creative chaos that comes with a growing business and the entrepreneur disposition
- Solid organizational and project management skills including; ability to establish priorities, navigate back and forth between multiple tasks/priorities and strong detailed execution
- Client-focused with strong desire to identify client problems and create actionable solutions
- Ability to understand, embrace and provide excellent customer service; including asking good questions and listening to team members, clients, and client employee’s needs.
- Must have a high level of integrity, a professional attitude, and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Team-player willing to jump in and assist co-workers during busy periods
- Responsive and uses tact, diplomacy, good judgment as well as confidentiality in all communications
- Entrepreneurial disposition
- Possesses strong interpersonal and customer service skills; be approachable, friendly, confident and flexible.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, meet critical deadlines and manage a wide range of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively without constant oversight by supervisor.
- Highly resourceful team-player, exhibit a willingness to undertake tasks and projects without being directed to do so, complete all tasks on-time, and be extremely effective independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion with sensitive information.
- Must have the proven ability to think critically and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues independently and collaboratively.
- Capability to contribute, collaborate and partner as appropriate within the team.
- Proven ability to sit in front of clients and have productive face-to-face interactions.
- Must have the ability to work with employees at all levels of an organization.
- Associate degree in business or equivalent experience and education
- 2+ years of work experience ideally as office administrator, payroll administrator
- Technical knowledge in using Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, Dropbox, GoToMeeting, various payroll systems, or other small business software
- Understanding of Federal and State Wage & Labor Laws.
- Understanding of Payroll withholding/taxation requirements and reporting.
- Experience in multi-state environment and handling multiple payroll deadlines
- Prior experience with Payroll software.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), PHR or equivalent certification.
- Strong knowledge of employment/tax laws, benefits administration and multiple payroll system experience.
This position is based in Kansas City, MO. If you are not currently in KCMO, please provide context in your cover letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. This document describes the position currently available. The organization reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AddressKansas City, MO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at e2E